Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

leasing a car for business

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leasing a car for business

If I lease a car for thorugh my busines, I was thinking of a E55 AMG, how much can I write off as business expense? IS there a max I can deduct? If you can write off lease expenses of a car, why can't one go buy a S55 AMG, lease it, and totally tax deduct it?
Old 12-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Originally Posted by tvo7
If I lease a car for thorugh my busines, I was thinking of a E55 AMG, how much can I write off as business expense? IS there a max I can deduct? If you can write off lease expenses of a car, why can't one go buy a S55 AMG, lease it, and totally tax deduct it?
You should probably ask your accountant. It might vary by the business you are in (meaning if your business calls for the use of the high end car more than a different business would, you may be able to write off more)

My dads an accountant. Send him an email or call his office. Just say I told you too. He wouldnt charge anyway.
www.taxhelp1040.com
Old 12-27-2006, 02:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by tvo7
usually cars used for businesses are trucks/suv's. the IRS has a minimum gross vehicle weight requirement. fancy suv's that qualify are Range Rovers, Escalades, etc.

unless your business is in an auto related field i don't think you can deduct an s55. the only deduction you would be able to take would be the $.445 per mile.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

We do a lot of high end vehicles for business owners and professionals and they are able to write most or all off.