Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

pimp out your leased ride? Take it off road?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3/30/07: B/B GL450 01 319 323 324 334 396 550
pimp out your leased ride? Take it off road?

Well I wouldn't pimp out anything too much, but...

what about tinting the side windows? Adding on 3m paint chip protectant? Can you do these things w/o issue?

Which begs the question - living in the bay area - paint takes a serious road rash beating. What happens at the end of the lease when I turn in a car w/ ricks and scratches from normal freeway road driving?

If I lease a vehicle can I take it off road? I'm not going to drive it up the Rubicon trail in Tahoe, but I would like to drive it off road to get to back country area w/ rough fire roads, etc. Any issues there?

Thanks.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

It kind of depends on the lessor. Off-roading is fine if the vehicle is made for it and no damage is done.

It would be in your best interest to have the vehicle detailed prior to the turn-in inspection. This will go a long way in avoiding any minor wear and tear.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Almost a Member!

I would not do anything that could not be easily and cheaply undone. The company wants their stock vehicle back. I have a Mercedes R500, and I had Myron and Davis headrest DVD's put in ($695 from Park Place Motors in Dallas, $300 installation from Mobile Video 4 Less in Southern Cal), but I have retained the original headrests and plan on replacing before lease turn-in.

Regarding offroading and minor scratches, "The First Class Finish" brochure from Mercedes gives explicit details about what is and is not acceptable. I have had previous experience with off-road scratches on a 1998 Land Rover and I do not recall being charged much if anything at all. I also had a 1999 BMW 740 with about $500 of minor body damage (including broken turn signal lens) and I was only hit with about a $250 charge. Just my experiences.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
Originally Posted by mikeR500
I would not do anything that could not be easily and cheaply undone. The company wants their stock vehicle back. I have a Mercedes R500, and I had Myron and Davis headrest DVD's put in ($695 from Park Place Motors in Dallas, $300 installation from Mobile Video 4 Less in Southern Cal), but I have retained the original headrests and plan on replacing before lease turn-in.

Regarding offroading and minor scratches, "The First Class Finish" brochure from Mercedes gives explicit details about what is and is not acceptable. I have had previous experience with off-road scratches on a 1998 Land Rover and I do not recall being charged much if anything at all. I also had a 1999 BMW 740 with about $500 of minor body damage (including broken turn signal lens) and I was only hit with about a $250 charge. Just my experiences.
I agree.....