Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Help... signing lease 8/8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help... signing lease 8/8

I am about to sign a lease for a loaded 2008 350E 4matic-- 10K miles/year for 33 months with 0.0017 MF and 64% residual.

I was told that my DVD headrest system and bluetooth integration system were "aftermarket" add-ons that the dealer puts in. Therefore, they are not included in the application of the residual percentage. Does this seem proper?

Also, because my car is being built to order (arrival early/mid October) I am being told that they cannot finalize the lease at current rates and it must wait. Therefore, I must put a deposit (4500) on a car that I do not know for sure the final lease rates. Is this wrong or typical?

Thanks!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 12:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 GL 350 blue tec
Originally Posted by NYCAVS
I am about to sign a lease for a loaded 2008 350E 4matic-- 10K miles/year for 33 months with 0.0017 MF and 64% residual.

I was told that my DVD headrest system and bluetooth integration system were "aftermarket" add-ons that the dealer puts in. Therefore, they are not included in the application of the residual percentage. Does this seem proper?

Also, because my car is being built to order (arrival early/mid October) I am being told that they cannot finalize the lease at current rates and it must wait. Therefore, I must put a deposit (4500) on a car that I do not know for sure the final lease rates. Is this wrong or typical?

Thanks!!!
If you built your car with those options then they should be part of total capitalized cost and hence used in residual calculations. The dealer is correct, MB only advertises lease terms for one month at a time. At the time of your car delivery, the lease terms could be different from what they are offering now. However you should be able to negotiate with your dealer that you can walk out of the deal without any penalty if the lease terms are less favorable in future. Most dealers agree.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by infamily
If you built your car with those options then they should be part of total capitalized cost and hence used in residual calculations. The dealer is correct, MB only advertises lease terms for one month at a time. At the time of your car delivery, the lease terms could be different from what they are offering now. However you should be able to negotiate with your dealer that you can walk out of the deal without any penalty if the lease terms are less favorable in future. Most dealers agree.
Thanks. I will ask in the AM. Not sure what bargaining position I am in as they have run my CC for the deposit but have no signed contract.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 GL 350 blue tec
Originally Posted by NYCAVS
Thanks. I will ask in the AM. Not sure what bargaining position I am in as they have run my CC for the deposit but have no signed contract.
I think in most states now you have 3 days to change your mind anyways (I know it is in MN). But since you have not signed the contract, he knows he does not have a deal, so I am sure he will be willing. good luck.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:37 AM
Almost a Member!

'08 E350, '97 Porsche turbo
Originally Posted by infamily
I think in most states now you have 3 days to change your mind anyways (I know it is in MN). But since you have not signed the contract, he knows he does not have a deal, so I am sure he will be willing. good luck.
Until the wheels of the car leave the dealership you typically have the legal right to back out of the transaction (varies by state).

Since the DVD system, etc, was not installed by the factory they may have a basis for not including it in the residual value.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Dealer installed options are never added to the residual on bank leases. If it's OEM equipment, MBC may do it.

Make sure there is a clause in the order document that does not obligate you to take delivery and allows for a refund on your deposit.

When it's time to finalize your lease deal look here to compare all finance sources:
http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_qu...enz&model=E350
Old 08-08-2007, 12:07 PM

Thanks for your advice. I do not know the laws of NY on this. I was told the deposit would be non-refundable However, I will really need to look at the fine print before signing. My wife is a lawyer and I think she should have a look... she's stayed out of the deal thus far but now I think it needs her input