Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Lease Assumptions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E90
Lease Assumptions

Does MB allow lease assumptions?
I know BMW does for about $500 which covers their "fees".
I've heard of some manufacturers allowing lease transfers but still holding the original leasee responsible if anything was to happen to the vehicle!

What does MB allow? Do I have to just go through LeaseTrader or some outfit like that?
Old 01-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Beezy
Does MB allow lease assumptions?
I know BMW does for about $500 which covers their "fees".
I've heard of some manufacturers allowing lease transfers but still holding the original leasee responsible if anything was to happen to the vehicle!

What does MB allow? Do I have to just go through LeaseTrader or some outfit like that?
MBC does allow transfers/assumptions but you will still remain liable for the lease. This is a problem as if something happens and the transferee can not longer pay, you will have to. This would include any extra miles they've racked up over the allocation.

Another alternative that we are doing for consumers is re-leases. This is where we pay off your current lease and write a new lease. This completely eliminates you from any future liability.

If you want to do an assumption, we recommend www.LeaseTrade.com.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:10 AM

Jeep
Hello Beezy,

Here are the lease assumption policies that we have on file for Mercedes:
Mercedes-Benz Financial
Yes, this lease company allows lease assumptions.
Telephone: 800-654-6222
Transfer Restrictions: None
Buyer Credit Application Fee: $50
Lease Transfer Fee: $250
Original Lessee Remain Liable?: Yes
Does Security Deposit Transfer?: Yes
Other Information: None

Yes, the "Original Lessee Remaining Liable" is an unpopular policy that unfortunately is still active with MBF. You might check out the LeaseTrade.com ReLease Program if remaining on as a secondary guarantor after the transfer isn't a possibility for you.

For more details on lease assumption policies from Mercedes or any other lease company, please feel free to visit our Lease Company Policies page.

Good luck!
Matt
LeaseTrade.com support
Old 02-11-2008, 05:10 PM

Jeep
Hey Folks,

A quick update for all of you in a Mercedes-Benz Financial lease. We connected with them last week where they told us they have updated their assumption policies regarding the original lessee remaining liable. They have changed their policy hence forth and will not be keeping the original lessee on the contract any further. This is good news for MB owners!

Here is the updated policy as we have listed it on our lease company policies page.

Mercedes-Benz Financial
Buyer Credit Application Fee: $0
Lease Transfer Fee: $495
Original Lessee Remain Liable?: No

Enjoy!
Old 02-11-2008, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
The original owner being responsible, after the lease has been assumed by someone else, is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard my entire life!!
Old 02-12-2008, 05:17 PM

E90
Originally Posted by mattmcg
Hey Folks,

A quick update for all of you in a Mercedes-Benz Financial lease. We connected with them last week where they told us they have updated their assumption policies regarding the original lessee remaining liable. They have changed their policy hence forth and will not be keeping the original lessee on the contract any further. This is good news for MB owners!

Here is the updated policy as we have listed it on our lease company policies page.

Mercedes-Benz Financial
Buyer Credit Application Fee: $0
Lease Transfer Fee: $495
Original Lessee Remain Liable?: No

Enjoy!
Great news!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:25 PM

GL450
Another option if you can't find anyone to assume your lease to qualify through MBF....I left a car with a management company in Denver that found someone to sublease it-lease was still in may name-but the company guarantees everything-and the deal went just fine. Their site is theleasebrokers.com