Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Lease return options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 M3; 2012 E350
Lease return options

Hi,
I have a 07 ML350. Have 6 months left in the lease. I am well below the mileage limit. Will MBUSA take the car back early if I want to lease another MB? When I called MB financial they wanted me to talk to the dealer. I am thinking the remaining payments has to come from somewhere and dealer might package it into the payments for the next car. I am not inclined to go down that route at all. All I want to know is
1. Does anyone have any experience in this regard.
2. If there are promotions where MB financial will waive of say 3 or 6 months of payments?
3. If yes which department in MB should I talk too?
4. If no solution then I am thinking of using Leasetrader....but what happens to the tax amount rolled into the current payments if someone takes over the lease (as unlike BMW, MB chooses to pay tax on the whole price of the car and its built into the payments)?
Thanks for all the help
Old 03-18-2009, 02:50 PM

2011 BMW X5d, 2011 Nissan Leaf and Kubota L39 Tractor!
MB is currently running a special called a lease accelerator. It allows you to return a leased car early without paying the remaining payments or the turn in fee if you lease or finance a new MB through MB Financial. The terms vary depending on the car your turning in and the new car. Check edmunds.com under new cars and incentives/rebates for more information. Your dealer will also have information of course.

Neil
Old 03-28-2009, 04:27 PM

Alot of cars
For March, MB is waiving last 5 payments of your ML if you lease or purchase another new MB. They also waive the vehicle turn-in fee which is either $595 or $350, depending on what was in your original lease contract.