Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Is it worth it to buy the wear-and-tear protection for my lease?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300
Is it worth it to buy the wear-and-tear protection for my lease?

Hi. I'm brand new here.

Yesterday I drove off with my first Mercedes - a 2010 C300. When I went to sign the finance guy tried to sell me an excessive wear and tear protection plan. Essentially, it's $900 for $5000 worth of coverage when you turn in the car - (up to $1000 per incident. I understand this to mean you have $1000 towards 5 different dents or your tire tread or your busted headlight or whatever.)

The thing the guy kept mentioning was tire tread. I am on the Mercedes forums trying to figure out what is considered "normal" wear and tear.

He kept talking about having to replace the tires. When would I expect to have to replace the tires on a C300? And wouldn't they just charge me for excessive use? I am leasing for 30,000 miles/3 years.

I expect my bumper to get some scratches but am calling a body shop today to try to see if they can give me an estimate on what something like that might cost to recondition. Seems like it makes more sense to pay for it later rather than now.

Any input is greatly appreciated especially since I'm in a time crunch and only have until end of today to opt out.

Thanks!
Just Jill
Old 12-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JustJill
Hi. I'm brand new here.

Yesterday I drove off with my first Mercedes - a 2010 C300. When I went to sign the finance guy tried to sell me an excessive wear and tear protection plan. Essentially, it's $900 for $5000 worth of coverage when you turn in the car - (up to $1000 per incident. I understand this to mean you have $1000 towards 5 different dents or your tire tread or your busted headlight or whatever.)

The thing the guy kept mentioning was tire tread. I am on the Mercedes forums trying to figure out what is considered "normal" wear and tear.

He kept talking about having to replace the tires. When would I expect to have to replace the tires on a C300? And wouldn't they just charge me for excessive use? I am leasing for 30,000 miles/3 years.

I expect my bumper to get some scratches but am calling a body shop today to try to see if they can give me an estimate on what something like that might cost to recondition. Seems like it makes more sense to pay for it later rather than now.

Any input is greatly appreciated especially since I'm in a time crunch and only have until end of today to opt out.

Thanks!
Just Jill
Hi Jill. Sorry for the late response.

We offer this service on our leases and it really depends on your history of vehicle care or maybe where you park.