Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Local MB dealer will pay $2k over Blue Book

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 CLS 550 Black Ext Almond Mocha Int Ex MBs: '06 E500, '03 E320, '00 E320
Local MB dealer will pay $2k over Blue Book

My local MB dealer sent me an email message offering to pay me $2,011 over the blue book trade-in value for my car (2006 E500). The dealer is also offering 0% financing. I like my car and I was willing to keep it another 4 or 5 years, but I am tempted to pursue this and get into a 2012 CLS 550. Does anyone have any insight into what kind of deal that I could get on the CLS - price reduction or lease incentives? In addition, should I be concerned about the new engine in the CLS?

Thanks.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:31 PM

2008 MB E350
Originally Posted by Ferrast
My local MB dealer sent me an email message offering to pay me $2,011 over the blue book trade-in value for my car (2006 E500). The dealer is also offering 0% financing. I like my car and I was willing to keep it another 4 or 5 years, but I am tempted to pursue this and get into a 2012 CLS 550. Does anyone have any insight into what kind of deal that I could get on the CLS - price reduction or lease incentives? In addition, should I be concerned about the new engine in the CLS?

Thanks.
I'm sure you got the same one I got...from MB Encino...problem is they probably won't use the same Kelley Blue Book you might get online...I went to three dealers with this offer, and none were more than the blue book online...most were less, even with the 2k added on.

Doesn't hurt to try...the cls550 is a beautiful car!

Good luck.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:37 PM

'12 CLS 550 Black Ext Almond Mocha Int Ex MBs: '06 E500, '03 E320, '00 E320
Thanks for the response.

Your experience with the dealers is disturbing to me - and probably to you too since they wasted your time. My guess is that the Blue Book value that the dealer quoted for was for "trade-in" value rather than retail or private seller value. Which makes sense. Can you think of any reason for the difference in value. I know that the trade-in value is different from the retail value which is different from private seller value. However, if the dealer uses a Kelly Blue Book trade-in value that is different from the blue book trade-in value that we see online, Kelly Blue Book has no value to us as consumers.

Did the dealer claim that your car was in good condition rather than excellent?

Thanks.