Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Need some advice on a lease coming to an end...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Need some advice on a lease coming to an end...

Hey guys

So my lease on the c63 will come to maturity on 12/1/12...I would like to buy the car, and called MB Financial, who said that they weren't offering any breaks on my car regarding the residual value or any incentives (my parents have bought and leased several new Mercedes and this is my second, though I bought the first, not leased it)....my parents have gotten incentives to buy the car, but they haven't had an AMG model...is this why Mercedes won't budge on it?

Also, since MB prolly won't have the best rates....and I don't have an account at a credit union, can someone suggest the most trustworthy place to go for a car loan that has great rates (I have a great credit score)?

I wanted to know if there was any insider info/help as far as special financing or deals that I can ask them about or bring up. They did mention that if I take it to the dealer and have them make the car a CPO (certified pre-owned) Mercedes, that this might drop the financing rate down. They said other than that, it was like 3.49% or something, which is high in my opinion.

Thanks in advance for looking and the help!

This is my first lease, so thought I'd try to get some advice ahead of time.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
acura TL
I wonder what you did on this since nobody responded. I am always amazed about how little most people know about leases who get a lease. That is why most of the leases are fleeces (way overpriced) Anyway the end buyout is not a negotiated item. It is a final cost price with little flexibility. In some cases the price is more than the car actual value. That would usually be in a subsidized lease. MB has high residuals. When you buy the car they have already calculated the value of the car at the end of the lease which is the buyout price.