Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Possible to cancel an extended warranty and replace it with a better priced one?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG
Possible to cancel an extended warranty and replace it with a better priced one?

Hey everyone,

I got taken for a bit of a ride when I purchased an extended warranty for my CPO C43 AMG about a month ago. I hadn't been through the MB purchasing process before and I completely failed to negotiate/cross-shop the warranty (they told me I had to purchase it on the spot, which I later learned was a lie – kind of shady/frustrating, but my mistake for not having researched that part better).

Anyway, I purchased the car a month ago, and given the warranty is fully refundable, I'm wondering if it's still possible to cross-shop? I.e. cancel the current warranty and go with a new one offered by another dealer at a better price?

Thanks so much!

Edit: you can probably disregard this, I found this thread which suggests this is indeed possible! https://mbworld.org/forums/extended-...tension-4.html

Last edited by mimet1c; 09-11-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:07 PM

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
i just looked at my Mercedes work receipt.
i paid 2000$ for 75,000 miles extended warranty.
i got rear flex disc cracking replaced at 69k miles, car currently at 93k miles.
i'm sure it wont take 2000$ for out of pocket.