Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Mercedes CPO Experts - Confusion (Help)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA 45
Mercedes CPO Experts - Confusion (Help)

Hi Everyone:
Apologies in advance for the long long message. I'm a mess right now.

I appreciate any help, guidance and expertise. I may realize, I may have created this problem you are about to read.
Anyways, I just bought my first Mercedes a 2016 GLA 45 AMG due to the CPO event advertised here https://www.mbusa.com/en/cpo
Sadly, the purchasing part has been a nightmare. I own the car, but, no driving it till my situation gets clarified or fixed.

Here is my concern. A few days ago (1/2020), I purchased a 2016 GLA from a Mercedes dealer advertising this car as a CPO on there website.
Sadly, I did not print out anything for my records. I only have a screen shot of a one page saying car is a CPO.
I tried calling and emailing the dealer for the paperwork advertised with no luck.

The reason of my concern. I contacted the Mercedes manufacture and finance department for the loan and wanted automatic payments.
Plus, to check my first payment due date and to see how my loan would receive two free payments.
Because Mercedes it said in the CPO link above. You get 1 and 2 month free credits https://www.mbusa.com/en/cpo
They (Mercedes Finance and Customer Service) said they do not have record the 2016 GLA is a CPO.
They (Mercedes Finance and Customer Service) said I do not have to pay till April 2020.
I asked about there website CPO advertisement. They had no clue what I meant. I said this is Mercedes USA advertisement, right?
They were still confused and said take it up with the dealer. If the CPO credit is for 2 months. Then, the dealer will pay it.

So, I need some help and understanding through my thick head. The new car warranty ends June 2020.

1. Did I buy a CPO or got hustled? Meaning, I did not buy a CPO? Because in my contractual paperwork. I see nothing indicating, that I thought this was a CPO purchase.
2. My loan is pushed till April 2020. Was this just a courtesy/smoke and mirrors to make me think I got free paid two months by the dealer?
3. I thought, I bought a CPO. What recourse can I take. (I think, I didn't do my homework)
4. What should I do next? Ideas and options welcomed.

PS: When I sat down with the Mercedes Dealer Finance guy. He assured me verbally. The car was a CPO and it fell under the Mercedes USA CPO special.
That I would be credited by Mercedes for the 2 months payments. Again, I do not see anything in my contract that indicated that. Plus, my contract says payments start March 2020.
But, Mercedes USA claims April 2020 is my first payment.

Thank you all for any guidance. What unnecessary drama I created. Plus, it took me over 6 hours to buy this car. Yuck!!!!

Have a good day. =)

Earl
Old 01-31-2020, 09:50 PM

GLA 45
Hello, my question was answered and resolved with dealer.
Mods, feel free to delete. Thanks, Earl
Old 05-13-2020, 02:54 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
GLB, GLA
So was it CPO OR NOT???

Originally Posted by Earl Grey
Hello, my question was answered and resolved with dealer.
Mods, feel free to delete. Thanks, Earl
Old 05-13-2020, 06:34 PM

GLA 45
Yes, it's a CPO, I wasn't specific above. In conclusion of all the craziness. It ended up being a communication goof.
I ended up physically going to the dealer. They ended up printing out of all the official CPO certificates.
The dealer did submit the paperwork (just not right away for the MBUSA to see it in their database). Later, I confirmed with MBUSA it was a CPO. It took some leg work and everything ended well.

Last edited by Earl Grey; 05-13-2020 at 06:39 PM.