Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Lease return - MBFS said the process start 4 months BEFORE lease maturity date?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2020, 01:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 E350 Wagon
Lease return - MBFS said the process start 4 months BEFORE lease maturity date?

I have a lease with MBFS that mature in less than 120 days. From my MBFS account, it said:

Once you’ve made your decision, the process for returning your vehicle starts approximately four months prior to your lease maturity
That seems pretty long, but if it is the requirement, I will do it. The questions I have are:

1. Should I schedule AutoVin pre-inspection now (4 months before lease maturity) OR closer to the lease maturity date (say 45 days before)?
2. Once the inspection is done, will AutoVin assign a dealer to return the car or do I have to call around to see which dealer will accept a lease return? MBFS said:
Due to ... COVID-19, some ... dealerships may be unable to receive lease return vehicles
3. How do I pay for the disposition fee? Will I receive a bill?

PS: I usually just get another MB lease, but due to COVID-19, there seems to be shortage of new cars and I couldn't find the ones I want. Hence, I decided to just return it.