Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Mercedes Lease question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2021 | 11:45 AM

GLE350
Wink Mercedes Lease question

Team,

So this is my first lease (2021 GLE350). I am curious about how this process works at the end of my 48 months. Will I receive a letter or email from Mercedes financial letting me know that I can buy my lease out, return the car, or extend it? If I have excellent payment history with Mercedes will they still run my credit again if I choose to purchase it at end or lease a new Mercedes. What if my credit score sinks but all my lease payments are current. I have been reading alot on redditt but I have been unable to get a clear answer to my questions. I would like to hear from everyone who consistently lease cars directly with Mercedes financial. Please note I love my Benz will probably upgrade if I like the refresh though.
Old 07-11-2021 | 08:59 PM

2018 E300 4Matic Sport
I leased for 25 years from MB. Six months before the lease ended, the dealer started calling me. At the end up the lease, I got detailed correspondence from MBFS -- buy the vehicle outright, and they gave me a number, buy the vehicle and finance it through them, or return the car and they would love to schedule an appointment so they could lease me another one! LOL. If you finance, lease another, anything that continues or renews risk -- they are going to run a credit check. It will come back what it will come back and you'll be categorized into one of the tiers, and that will end up dictating the deal (your payment). If you owe them money -- you'll have to clean that up before they move forward with anything. A good payment history is a factor, but credit score is the driving force. Meanwhile, you have about 48 months...don't worry about it...and enjoy your new MB!!!
The following users liked this post:
ebain1987 (07-12-2021)
Old 07-12-2021 | 11:05 AM

GLE350
Such a great detailed response. Thanks so much!
The following users liked this post:
BoMB (07-12-2021)