Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

3-year Prepaid Maintenance and 2-year extended warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C300
3-year Prepaid Maintenance and 2-year extended warranty

Hello

My lease on C-300 ended and I decided to buy it out. The dealer convinced me saying the best deal is to buy certified pre-owned warranty, for which they charged me ~1650. On top of that, I bought 2 year extended warranty for 3200 (this is after extreme haggling, the original quotes were close to 4K)

For prepaid maintenance, I paid $2150 for 3-years (Again, quoted rate was significantly higher ~2800)

The total current miles on my car is 12.5k only.

Have I been ripped off ? I am thinking to cancel the extended warranty as I believe it is refundable and purchase it from some other dealer. I don’t know what options I have for PPM.
what do you guys think? Btw, I am based in the Bay Area

Thank you
Old 08-23-2021, 01:39 PM

Mercedes C300
One positive side is that I got 2% interest rate for financing. Not sure, if CPO certification has anything to do with it or is it just based on my credit score (My credit score is 800+)
Old 08-23-2021, 05:24 PM
SPONSOR

Received 262 Likes on 200 Posts
2001 E55AMG
Originally Posted by sanag
Hello

My lease on C-300 ended and I decided to buy it out. The dealer convinced me saying the best deal is to buy certified pre-owned warranty, for which they charged me ~1650. On top of that, I bought 2 year extended warranty for 3200 (this is after extreme haggling, the original quotes were close to 4K)

For prepaid maintenance, I paid $2150 for 3-years (Again, quoted rate was significantly higher ~2800)

The total current miles on my car is 12.5k only.

Have I been ripped off ? I am thinking to cancel the extended warranty as I believe it is refundable and purchase it from some other dealer. I don’t know what options I have for PPM.
what do you guys think? Btw, I am based in the Bay Area

Thank you
I wouldn't say you were ripped off, just played the dealer's game, The extended warranty is high, being able to knock off $2,800 should have been a red flag that there was extreme markup built in. I'm not sure about maintenance on your specific vehicle, but for 3 years of service on my S550 (without a pre purchased maintenance plan) was approximately $600 a year, following all scheduled maintenance, and service being done at my local Mercedes Benz dealer.

You can unwind your extended warranty deal, they're obviously not going to want to since it was probably rolled into your financing but is 100% illegal for them to deny. Text or Call me at (602) 909-9216 if you want to know more information on how extended warranty companies/dealers work, or if you want a quote and example contract to compare price and coverage, you can send me an email tgibson@highline-autos.com
Old 08-23-2021, 05:36 PM

Mercedes C300
Thanks for the response. I didn't understand the $2800 number that you mentioned. I could only knock-off $800 (4000-3200 for 2-year extended warranty) + $700 (2800-2150 for PPM) ~ $1500. On top of this, they did charge me $1650 to CPO my vehicle. In total, I paid ~$7000 for 3-years of PPM and 1 year CPO + 2 year limited warranty. Is this still in reasonable range?