B250 tyres

Old 04-08-2014, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B250
B250 tyres

G'day all!,

Does anyone have a B250 and care to share their experience with tyres?

Vehicle came with GoodYear F1 Assymetric 2 run flats.

I've done 25,000km, mostly city driving with lots of tread left.

Got an issue with two sidewalls of the tyres now having bubbles and need replacement.

I've looked online and see that bubbles are commonly caused by potholes. Sure I've hit some, don't we all?. I actively on the look out so miss more potholes than other drivers. I really am shocked to have at least 2 tyres needing replacement with only 40-50% wear left, I haven't inspected the inside so quite possibly more.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Am thinking of switch to Continental ContiSportContact 5P SSR. Does any one have experience with these?

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2015, 04:38 PM

B250-W246
HI boy1dr2000

I just join the group recently and read your tread.. yes i am driving a B250 and have the same problem.

i have done only 26K when i discovered that my front left and back was bulging. took it back to Good year and the first thing they said before even checking was you hit some pot holes and it is not covered under warranty. i argued with them that i did not hit any pot holes.

they then finally agreed to take it out and check and if it is impact, then no warranty.

after taking out, saw that it was long line crack from inside wall and not cut or anything and they agreed with me it was defect. They replace it under warranty. both of them.

it is the same tyres. i am very certain it is a manufacturing defect. but i also read the T&C of mercedes warranty. they clearly said tyres are not covered. if you have not replaced these tyres. suggest you go straight to Good year.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:58 PM

B250
Thanks for the info!

Good Year took ages to get back to me & finally I found someone who knew what they were talking about, a states em technical manager.

They certainly did not offer a replacement, but offered to help. Very disappointing experience.

Continentals are going well at 15,000 km. Awesome quiet ride, wearing well, excellent in the wet.... Everything Good Year is not!!!!

Let me know how your second set goes
Old 03-17-2015, 09:50 PM

2014 B250
Considering tire and rim protection

I have a B250 on order and was told about the MB first class tire and rim protection. The dealer quotes $1,270. After reading your post I'm now considering the protection plan but don't want to be taken advantage of either. Oh the decisions!
Old 03-18-2015, 06:14 PM

B250-W246
Smile

$1270 is a lot of money. how much do they charge for the rim?? as for me i took up only the tyre protection plan for only $9 per tyre. i think that should be adequate.