REAR VIEW CAMERA INSTALLATION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes B180 CDI
REAR VIEW CAMERA INSTALLATION

Hi Guys, Am hoping that a member can assist me with regard to wiring up a reverse view camera to the reverse light wiring. I have a 2006 B180 (W245) and understand that the camera needs to be wired up to the reverse light to show rear view on my interior monitor (mirror incorporated) when vehicle reverses. Have located rear right hand wiring mechanism showing a plastic connector with four different colour wires entering which connects to one end of the plastic bulb holder - three bulbs in situ - the top one being the reverse light bulb, the middle one is the indicator bulb and the other the regular side light bulb. Wiring is obviously connected internally by metal strips as shown in photos attached. Have two wires - red and black - from the camera which need to be connected to the reverse light and maybe these should be connected to one or two of the four wires going into the bulb holder. Would appreciate some input from any member who can give me precise instructions. Many thanks, Nick

Last edited by Nickgsmith1; 09-09-2015 at 03:21 AM.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes B180 CDI
REAR VIEW CAMERA INSTALLATION - B180

Just for the record have solved the problem myself. Reverse lights are actually situated on either side of the tailgate rather than in the rear body where side lights are. Pretty straightforward but removing the various trims inside the tailgate quite difficult and plastic retaining clips can break easily if not careful. All working okay now, so my wife has not excuse for backing into other cars or kids at the local shopping centre carpark!