New Member here, Drivers Heated Seat Stopped working, looking for some direction....

Old 11-23-2017, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B200
New Member here, Drivers Heated Seat Stopped working, looking for some direction....

Hi there, I just joined the community and was wondering if any of you could be of assistance here.

I have a 08' B200, the Drivers heater has stopped working and wondering if any of the Guru's could help me with diagnosis and repair?
I pulled the panel off and tried pulling out the Seat heater switch to only find that it uses the same switch for both seats (As the Passenger side Seat works fine)

I have seen some articles on some other Cars where members have disassembled them and replaced the heaters with Factory and Aftermarket heaters.....

Pretty sure the wire inside the Seat has broken as there was a period of time where it worked intermittently, or the element itself is just toast.

Trying to perform this repair as economically as possible, fairly tech savvy as I did the Motor and Trans removal on my B5 S4 to replace the turbos...so hopefully I have
enough skill to pull the cloth off the base and replace the heater.

Or is this something that only an upholstery shop would be able to do?

Thanks in advance for any help and/or direction.