B Class Android Head Unit Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2023, 07:35 AM

Received 302 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 ML550 VIN WDC1641722A564750, 2010 B180
B Class Android Head Unit Upgrade

Whilst researching an upgrade the the command system and finding more grief than anything helpful, I finally came accross this fellow in the links below who's an expert on the upgrades. He's produced a number of excellent youtube videos that carefully explain what to buy, what to avoid, and all the differences between android units and the big brands. It clarified everything for me and his top 3 brands video in particular was very helpful. Certainly worth viewing if you're going down this path.

Based on these videos, I bought the Teyes 4gb/64gb model with dash cam and reversing camera for my daughters 2010 B180 that only had the base model command unit. No sat nav, bluetooth streaming or reverse camera. I've installed them and the difference over the base model is phenomenal. Its the best bang for buck upgrade there is for a base model car of this era and it fits the dash with a moulded frame as if it were factory. I will update this thread with the details if anyone is interested.

Is Android For You?

What Not To Buy

Top 3 Units

Last edited by BlackML550; 02-25-2023 at 07:40 AM.