ESP Dash Warning Message Fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2024, 02:55 AM

Received 294 Likes on 233 Posts
2010 ML550 VIN WDC1641722A564750, 2010 B180
ESP Dash Warning Message Fix

My daughter's 2010 B180 petrol would bring up ESP warning on the dash as well as the Tyre Pressure Sensor warning that both were not working. These would usually occur during highway driving.

After scanning it for error codes, I got the brake light switch as a potential problem (Code 443C). Brakes lights worked perfectly. No speed sensor codes or anything else. I changed out the brake switch for $40 and 5 minutes work. Super easy. I also reset the steering wheel angle sensor. This can also trigger the ESP warning, especially if the car has sat for some time as this one had. I didn't have time to wait and see if the brake light switch did the trick on its own, but that with the steering angle sensor together have solved the problem.

Brake light switches aren't all the same for this model so remove the one you have and compare it to the ones available. The slots at the back of the switch where it plugs in to the harness and the length of the pin all vary. You can match these up by sight.

The Steering Angle Sensor reset is easier. Start the car, turn the wheel all the way to lock and then all the way to lock in the other direction, back all the way again in the opposite direction and then to straight ahead, and its done.

Last edited by BlackML550; 02-08-2024 at 06:59 AM.