B-Class (W245) Discuss the new B-Class MPV: B200 Turbo, B200 CDI, B180 CDI, B150, B170, B200

Esp light ON + idle going crazy + no power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B200 Turbo 2009
Esp light ON + idle going crazy + no power

Hello Friends!

Looks like my this car really hates winter since my last problem from this car was from last winter! Anyway...

Went to start the car today to warm it up like usual. Everything was ok. Came back 3 min later and car iddling was going crazy and a small burning odor could be smelled.

I Turn it off. It would even turn back on. Unplug the battery and then it finnaly started but did the same thing again. I can still technically drive it but I have to play with the clutch and gas. As soon as I release the clutch completly car act as if it was stalling but is not. I plug my reader and code P2119 came out. Cleared it and came back again.

I've experienced ESP problem before but not like this. The car had way more power the 3 times i saw this car falling into limp mode.

P2119 point to throttle actuator or something like that but I'm wondering if it could be the brake or gas switch with the weird clutch gas thing I'm also experiencing at the same time.

I have a small video for you guys. Please dont mind the slow start! My crank sensor is acting up again ( put a cheap one in last year...dont do that!) But it doesnt interfere with whats going on. Well maybe I'm wrong.

I'm much futher away then I normally an from any Mercedes dealer so before I towed it there I wanna see if its something simple that pretty much any mechanic could fix without issue or super big delay in times cause i have 3 garage within 500m of me and I would appreciate a break in money spending thia month hahaha.

Any idea ?

​​​​https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y4KESpFmylhAKgmO9LQ7fu1Ss1FCq7EL/view?usp=drivesdk

Old 12-11-2020, 06:20 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Bicycle, 2004 c200k
That video link does not work for us sadly, maybe try youtube?

alot of people online with the P2119 code are cleaning their throttle body (which also has a gasket)

https://www.benzworld.org/threads/th...aning.2319393/

Last edited by DjaKRAbb; 12-11-2020 at 06:25 PM.