Noise isolation B250- CLA 250

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 03:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Class B 250
Noise isolation B250- CLA 250

Hi everyone just want to share my last project of reducing cabin noise in to my B250 2018. Since many people complains about the noise level into the cabin I ordered isolation kit from Noico 80 mil sheet 18sqft on Amazon for 50$ who covered all my trunk and rear doors. I did not check the decibel noise before but now is around 62db at 100kmh, definitely a lot much better than before for sure .. my wife agree also.! The installation was really easy just follow some instruction to how to remove rear door panel and install the Butyl foil inside the door panel since is not possible too install on the door panel because of al windows motor, speaker, etc.. so I decide to install them directly in the door trim instead.

The tailgate area was a pita also to do, I removed the 4 clips (2 left and 2 right) who retains the thin carpets from where the false spare tire area should be.. ! Pull out everything from there also remove the brown plastic carpet under the carpet who need to be removed than you are ready to install the Noico sheet directly on the bottom trunk of the car. I wish to be able the removed the rear side panel also but we need to remove the cargo net anchors and did not have the proper torx driver for removing the screw with t50 stars shape torx, but I was able the lift them a bit to goes under anyway to install Noico sheet the almost cover the entire trunk area.

I’m going to add more photo later. ! enjoys a better ride now!