W246 2015 B200 stutter/power loss/overrev

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B class W246
W246 2015 B200 stutter/power loss/overrev

Hi folks, new member just joined, I have a 2015 W246 B200 diesel, since I have owned the car occasionally it will have a stutter, (usually low speed picking off from junctions etc) slight loss of power, then overrev and back to normal. Occasionaly the gear selector paddles won't turn to manual (usually accompanied by the stutter at some point) this will go away if I stop the car and switch off and back on again.
intermittent engine management light as well.
No error codes on (admittedly cheap obd) so if any one has any idea id be obliged, or how to get into engineering mode so I could maybe look a little deeper
Thanks
Old 12-10-2023, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B180 CDI (W246)
Talking

Originally Posted by Therathouse
Hi folks, new member just joined, I have a 2015 W246 B200 diesel, since I have owned the car occasionally it will have a stutter, (usually low speed picking off from junctions etc) slight loss of power, then overrev and back to normal. Occasionaly the gear selector paddles won't turn to manual (usually accompanied by the stutter at some point) this will go away if I stop the car and switch off and back on again.
intermittent engine management light as well.
No error codes on (admittedly cheap obd) so if any one has any idea id be obliged, or how to get into engineering mode so I could maybe look a little deeper
Thanks
Hey bud, wanted to find out if you had managed to fix this/found what was causing the issue.