Parking sensors issure, please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2024, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GLK 250 Bluetec (2014)
Parking sensors issure, please help!

Hello everyone, i was wondering if someone could help me with the following problem. I'm writing on behalf of a friend who bought a used 2012 B-class (w246) with 146.000 km on it. Because my friend rushed during the inspection he did not notice the parking sensors issue. When in reverse, the rearview camera comes on, the front and rear parking sensors engage simultaneously issuing a deafening beeping noise. Also, while in reverse, the front sensors show as if there is something in front of the car while in fact, there is nothing there. On the other hand, when in forward drive approaching to an object, the front sensors do not engage at all. Basically, the front sensors engage only in reverse. Also, i find it strange that there is no P button on the console. Has anyone come accross something like this before? What can it be? I have the clips to prove this but for some reason I cannot attach it to this message. Please help!
Old 08-27-2024, 09:29 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 W246 B250 Sport, 2018 CR-V Touring
I think if you post your clips on YouTube, you can then post the link here, easier

What is the P button on the console?
Old 08-28-2024, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GLK 250 Bluetec (2014)
Yes, you are right, i did not even think about that. Anyway, here's the link .

P button in the console is supposed to activate or deactivate parking sensors, but in this car there is no such button.