Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our MBWorld Marketplace classifieds forum.

discrimination on forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w203 c200 kompressor
Angry discrimination on forum

why is it that there is so much discriminatiion on this forum???
i have recently put up an ad looking to buy w203 amg bumper mesh grills and EVERY person that responded just stopped replying the moment i told them i am from south africa. its really nasty. i am a human like everyone else and i am a mercedes enthusiast. i even gave my ebay feedback infomation for the to verify my purchase history and payment so it cant be about that. i have belonged to a toyota forum prior to ths and i never got such a bad response. the sad part is that since south africans are not big into modifying mercedes benz's, parts are only accesible via forums like these but it seems many people here dont have a heart. i dont want to name and shame but if you read this you will know who you are.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:19 PM

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
I think they're just thinking that it wouldn't be beneficial for you because of the shipping charges you will incur. i.e. if a part will cost too much due to shipping, i actually advice the buyer to just get it elsewhere. I don't think they knew that "parts are only accesible via forums"

John
Old 11-30-2013, 05:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 AMG
I do a fair amount of selling on the internet and have exerienced the deception of an international buyer using false identity to defraud me. Paypal offers zero seller protection for international purchases so as a seller, I risk the entire item value plus time and shipping cost. For me, that is an intollerable risk to take given the products I sell will likely find buyers domestically.

The discrimination, at least in my own case, is based on having shipped my best merchandise over seas, having included extra items free of cost as gesture of good will, and then learning that Paypal sumarily withdrew the funds from my account days later because the buyer robbed me. No one would help me recover my financial loss...and far worse, my loss of trust in the international sales process.

I don't sell auto parts, nor have I practiced discrimination toward anyone on this forum, but I fear your post inferrs the ugly root cause of racism. In my case, I say that race has no bearing at all.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to get acquainted. If I can help you find items you need in America, and ship them to you without financial risk to me, I will gladly assist you. We both share the connection of a love for fine cars. That is what matters.

Gian Calise (John)

Last edited by Redcab; 11-30-2013 at 05:34 PM.