Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our MBWorld Marketplace classifieds forum.

andy_meng1024

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
andy_meng1024

I figured I would go ahead and post this up being as this seller, andy_meng1024 has not gotten back to me after a couple of emails and PM's other than to tell me he is out of the country for a couple of weeks and has very limited internet access so he will have to wait until he gets back to make any replies. But yet, he has been signing into this forum every other day, up until the point when I sent him another PM asking why he has been signing into this site, but cannot respond to any email or PM, which I know can be seen from your phone without actually logging on. I just feel like this whole situation is being ignored on his end. I usually try and give someone the benefit of the doubt, and a chance to make the situation right. If this situation gets resolved, then I will either delete this, or add to it. I would be happy with a partial refund to compensate me for the added costs I have had to put into these wheels so far that I should not have had to do to begin with. Ok, on to the situation I am in.

I purchased a set of HRE wheels from this member, who multiple times told me and assured me the wheels were in like new condition with absolutely no damage, had three new barrels installed, all new hardware installed throughout all of the wheels, re-finished by a professional high end wheel shop, and the list goes on. Upon receiving the wheels, I of course opened them up right away to look them over. His description was not as promised as can be seen from the pics below. I immediately took pictures, and forwarded them to Andy Meng via email with a description of what I have found, which is pretty similar to what i'll describe below.

One of the wheels has a hole in the barrel which can be used for my TPMS sensors, after I purchase a set of brackets from HRE, but none of the other wheels have these holes, so I will either need to have the remaining three drilled, or use a TPMS sensor strap kit which isn't too big of a deal, but I should have been told about one having a hole in it. Not sure why this is when his car doesn't even have the TPMS sensors.

The hardware throughout is not even close to new. The valve stem seals between each side of the barrel are all dry rotted and/ or missing, a couple of the valve stem ends are dented so forgot about threading a valve stem cap on along with the missing schrader valves. These will be fun to replace without damaging the black paint on the inner barrel as they were painted over along with the with the barrel.

A couple of the rims have hardware bolts on the back side that are not even tightened and were painted over while loose with paint all over the threads. Some of the hardware (bolts and washers) on the backside of the wheel are completely missing. The hardware on the face of the wheel are corroded/ oxidized.

One wheel has a pretty big dent in the rear barrel that was "repaired" with what seemed to have been a hammer or something similar by the way it looks and has several indents in it that can be seen from the inside. This spot has a black arrow pointing to the damaged area that was already written on the barrel from I assume whoever did the repair so they didn't miss it. This same barrel has another dent on the inner lip.

The black finish on the inner barrels hardly look like a "professional" did it. The paint has a drip in it, debris in the paint throughout, couple of rough areas that look like someone tried to rub/ wet sand stuff out. One of the face of the wheels has a red paint chip in it. Now this red chip is fairly small, but still. It should not have been there since these were "professionally refinished". Let alone on the face of the wheel that everyone sees.

There is only what appears to be one barrel that even looks close to new which is one of the outer ones. The rest look like they have been used a good amount. This is not a big deal to me, as long as the wheels were good to go, but I was told three were just replaced.

A couple of the polished outer lips have these weird rub marks all over them which are dark colored. These appear like they can get buffed out but am not sure until it gets tried.

I have ordered all of what I can get from HRE already minus the damaged rear barrel (TPMS brackets, wheel hardware, valve stems and seals), which HRE said they do not sell individual barrels, and they require the wheel to be sent in if it ever needs re-done. I don't know if they sell these to retailers or wheel shops, but from the sounds of it, you need to send wheels in to them if they need barrels. HRE also did not have any record of these wheels being re-done by them, except one wheel which was a while back. So as of now it looks like one barrel needs to be sent in for a replacement barrel to HRE, installing the new hardware which I now have from HRE, and hopefully the valve stems can be removed without damaging the paint, otherwise, they'll need to get re-painted.

Well, on to the pics...

Some have two washers, some have one.

These do not rub off.

Valve stem seal, or lack thereof.

The one and only wheel that looks to have been recently re-done as far as barrels are concerned. The seal between the barrels on this one looks professional as it should, the others look like some silicone was wiped between the pieces.

Sorry for the long post. I don't like posting stuff like this. But since this guy has a few other wheels for sale, and the lack of his getting back to me, I might as well post up what I have until this gets resolved.

Aaron
Old 01-11-2013, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
The original post had too many pictures, so here are the other ones...

You can see some of the missing hardware/ bolts.

Looks good from afar.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
i'd do a charge back asap, that will get his attention
Old 01-11-2013, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by djrabbi
i'd do a charge back asap, that will get his attention
+1000000
Old 01-11-2013, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
not good!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
I was so tempting to buy these wheels. Thanks god it was SOLD!
I hope you get your money back. ***** like this make me think really hard about buying from this forum.