Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our MBWorld Marketplace classifieds forum.

Grip Grip Disgrunteled seller

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55- 96 porsche 993 C4 - 1997 Dodge Viper GTS - 1999 300 sd turbo diesel- 2006 Dodge Ram Cummins-
Grip Grip Disgrunteled seller

hard to work with - egotistical PITA
NOT RECOMENDED. Sells parts he picks up here and there without knowing too much about them. I was going to buy DashDaq he didnt even know if it had GPS as option. My opinion is used parts sell for 1/2 the price of new. This is STANDARD in the business. FULL RETAIL is $549. They sell on line for $499. 1/2 would be $25o. ...... Reasonale? yes! $365??? no tRY TO NEGOTIATE!! No way not here!" $365 is the price but maybe in a weeh if its for sale ill take $10 off" Then you will get called CHEAP!! and bashed in his posts!!! Do yourself a favor.......shop around and look out for snakes
Old 12-18-2013, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
Not taking sides, but I just purchased a Dashdaq setup and he is not too far off especially since the Zietronix $50 license and shipping are included in his price.

Also, I would say 99% of the people who own the Dashdaq don't know anything about the GPS option. I was interested in this and inquired about it, but after a lengthy discussion, found out it was discontinued, expensive, and not easy to update so they canned the GPS offering.

$350 shipped would have been fair in my opinion.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55- 96 porsche 993 C4 - 1997 Dodge Viper GTS - 1999 300 sd turbo diesel- 2006 Dodge Ram Cummins-
Nice come back

Thank you for your post. I appreciate your response. Here was my experience . First off I hesitate to by anything from a forum Before asking questions, I don't see a BIN in a post nor is the item at auction. So before anything I ask questions, and do my due diligence, because there is no recourse once I purchase it.

I have bought a few high dollar Items here from other members and they were cool from the get go (that helps) I had no problem sending them there asking price once we talked and had a meeting of the minds.

I saw the post for the dasdaq from Grip Grip. No problem. I sent PM inquiring about it. Asked about condition and such. I would like to think parts that I buy from others are things that THEY have owned and used and are familiar with. That way they are sure of the condition, age, features and such. Especially with electronic parts!

The response I received was sketchy at best and he knew nothing about GPS option, (still no problem) but he went further on to say.... "this item is not for you"....... Well ...... Why wouldn't it be for me? That is what I was looking for. I mearly asked for a condition report and was basicly told to **** off! Still no problem.....Okay.....Well, I try again to buy this used part that the owner doesn't know fully about.

I sent PM again Politely and got a response telling me that he gets parts here and there and sells them to make extra money fund his drag racing. Okay..... I can live with that........I find many used parts here and there as well..... I usually don't buy them to make a buck.... but if the price is right I wouldn't mind picking it up and passing the savings on to others. But I wouldn't have an emotional attachment to it.

So again I reply with a PM this time to try negotiate a price that is reasonable for ME .....though i did NOT state a price just asked for a bottom line......... Again I get an ATTITUDE and a reply saying "Tell you what, if I still have it in a week or so I might take $10 off"

Okay well I tried. Wouldn't you? ........ No problem to me, For the extra $135. I would prefer to buy new. No big deal. Game over

So I replied once again ..... "lol (icon). Okay dude no problem, good luck, I wasn't interested and signed off with thank you and God Bless (NO INSULT INTENDED) "

I at that point moved on. No big deal in my mind anyway. Tried to buy a part, didn't work out. So what!

This is the response I got back.....
Why the ROFL? I hate how people like you will insult others, but try to justify it or make up for it with by using God's name in the sentence. I don't comprehend the reasoning for your sacrilegious and self-centered response. What was gained on yoru part other than showing you're cheap?

You're a real "class act", Dan. Just because you're cheap doesn't mean the price is out of line. Either way, it didn't justify your childish response or comment. I actually might post this up on my "for sale thread" to show others how your are.

WOW!!!!!!!!! So, now I'm insulting, sacrilegious, self centered, a class act, and cheap........ over trying to buy a used part...... Really?

That was the reason for my post.