Very close on signing the purchase agreement on the 2012 C250 Coupe...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB
Very close on signing the purchase agreement on the 2012 C250 Coupe...

just need some input from you guys who have bought it already, I'm from Canada BTW.

1. One of the available option packages is the Sport Package, costs $1900 to add, is this option worth it? Does Direct steering and dynamic handling make any difference compare to one without them? I could careless about shift paddles and AMG wheels, too bad I can't take them off... the demo I test drove has this option, I didn't drive it very long and I test drove the car on the highway most of the time, the ride felt pretty good, but again I don't know how it feels without, so not sure if I should get this or not, Please help me decide!! (Honestly the only things I want from this package is the flat bottom steering wheel and the aluminum pedals... argh!!)

2. Similar to first question, Premium Package, which includes PARKTRONIC and other stuff that I don't find useful, eg: SIRIUS radio, LOGIC7 Surround sound, heated seats). What are your experience and/or opinion about Parktronic system? I thought this is only good for people with no parking skills, do you guys find it useful and is it worth the $2500 for it?

3. How reliable can this car be? I guess this is a first year model? I sworn not to buy a first generation model again years ago, can I break that oath for this car? BMW has the HPFP engine issue, and Audi has their excessive engine oil problem, how about MB? Is this car too new to show any major problem? Though I may end up leasing anyway, but I am still very curious... I really hate to have to bring back my car to dealership shop constantly!

Guys your comments are very welcome! Thanks!!!

Last edited by SLK_CA; 09-24-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250CDI Coupe
The dynamic handling package is a must in my opinion, all the coupe's are lowered compared to the sedan and as such don't have as much travel in the shocks. To make up for this the active dampers kick into action and help out. This takes some roughness out of the ride but also lets you stiffen the suspension up when traveling faster. The rest isn't as important but the dampers defiantly are.

Can't talk much about sirrius etc, however so long as it has the command system you'll probably be fine.

As for First year, well the chassis is virtually the same as the sedan version. It's not truly a first year but the engines are new, other than the kompressor series engines a few years ago the others have always been good for reliability, most mercs are know to be built like a tank and run for a very long time. No gaurentees but I'm taking that "gamble".
Old 09-25-2011, 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 CLK320
It all depends if you need a new car now. If not, it is always better to wait another year. There will be more real-life reviews and more posts in MB forums.

On the 2nd year, there will be minor improvements and possibly bug fixes. You never know, I thought BMW engines were reliable as well.

I am driving a 2004 CLK320. It drives well and imo, it is still a very good looking car. I, too, am tempted by the E-Coupe and the C-Coupe but I will probably wait another year.

For W209, 2004 was the 2nd year and I read that there were issues with the 2003 cars.