Question for Australian C Coupe owners/buyers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2011 | 02:08 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Question for Australian C Coupe owners/buyers

Hello to all Australian people who either own or have ordered a C250 (or C350) coupe, I have a question regarding the factory privacy tint.

Is it standard on the C250 or not ?? or does it only come as standard with the vision package ??

Does anyone know if you can have this feature omitted/deleted from your factory order ??

Reason for asking is I'm getting conflicting info from a couple of dealers.

I've seen O/S vehicles, even C350's which don't come standard with the privacy tint, maybe it's a different story for Aust. bound vehicles ??

I do know that the Aust. C180 variant does not have it as standard.

My concern is, if it is standard on C250 and above you won't be able to match up the front windows unless you resort to a much darker than legal limit tint, which besides being illegal it looks too dark IMHO, if you stick to legal limit you end up with 2 different shades which IMHO looks '****e'.

Any info appreciated TIA.
Old 12-12-2011 | 03:05 AM

GLC 63s
Yes, its standard on the C250 and up
Old 12-12-2011 | 06:47 AM

370z, c204 C250
I agree it would look a bit odd having two different shades. The guy we use for tinting our cars is quite good. Depending on how it looks, we may even get him to take off the factory privacy tint and do the whole car darkest legal so that its one shade all round.

In regards to deleting the privacy tint on your order, I'm not 100% sure, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do it, we just never asked.
Old 12-12-2011 | 05:46 PM

C250CDI Coupe
I'll have mine in the next 2 weeks can tell you then for certan! otherwise yes that's what's in the AU spec sheet, "extra dark tint rear windows" It does on to say something only behind the B pillar.
Old 12-12-2011 | 08:53 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Thanks guys

Nuxi if you actually end up doing what you've suggested above, ie. have your tint guy remove the rear quarter windows factory tint and it works out perfectly I'll have to get more info from you to do the same when/if the time comes.

I say when/if because I'm not a definite C Class coupe owner yet, I'm in the final negotiation stages, so fingers crossed all works out well soon.