C220 Coupe 2012 - Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 Coupe
Angry C220 Coupe 2012 - Help!

First post so bear with me!

I received my first MB on Friday 10th Feb as a lease through MB Corporate. It had done 100 miles when I recieved it and I have to admit was better than I imagined ....until Wednesday 15th, 5 days later, when on the motorway the engine management light came on.

At this point the car had done 726 miles.

As part of the Mobilo package, the engineer came out, all very professional with his diagnostics box and had a look, and a subsequent drive. The turbo had gone and maxed out at around 1700 revs (I'm assuming this is limp mode?)

I drove it to the Oxford branch where a week later it still sits. Initially they said it was the fuel regulator which they replaced and still no change - they have been wiating on advice from MB main service area.

As it is a week later and still no car (I am driving a C class saloon as a courtesy), my patience is starting to wear thin and this sounds like the injector problems which plagued the cars in 2010 / 2011 (even tho MB said this was resolved.

What I need is any advice - I simply want this back asap in working order, and given the age of the car, am stunned that a) this has happened and b) it hasn't been fixed.

At what point should I play hardball and demand compensation / new car I(bearing in mind it's a lease car)?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

JT
Old 02-23-2012, 03:23 PM

C250
Same thing happened to me. My car is just 2 months old, less than 2K kilometers on it, then engine check light came on while I was driving on highway. It was a Saturday night and a long weekend in Ontario so I didn't have access to repair center till next week. Everything was working properly and smoothly. Called the roadside assist, and they told me it should be a loose fuel cap. I tightened it but the lamp didn't go away until Tuesday when I finally got it checked. They told me that it's a broken "Fuel Vapor Recovery Valve" that should be replaced. They didn't have the part, so left the car there yesterday and they just called me to picked up the car! Hope yours doing fine too.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C300
Wow...I had a similar headache. On the 3rd day of having my car the 'check engine oil' light came on. I drove it home onto my driveway where ALL of the engine oil gushed out!

Got it towed to the dealership and was given a loaner for the weekend. They found a rip in the seal of the oil filter housing. I was pissed! I paid for PDI, the whole reason to avoid issues like this. Got the car back in 2 days, they sent someone to clean my driveway and my next service will be free..

I would start discussing compensation with the dealership sooner than later. Talk to the service manager directly.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 c250 coupe
are you guys all talking about having these problems with the c250 coupe? I noticed this was titled c220 coupe??
Old 02-23-2012, 05:17 PM

'12 C204 C250, '05 SLK350 (sold)
These issues seem to be affecting non-US coupes only. Can everyone confirm?
Old 02-24-2012, 02:45 AM

C220 Coupe
Unfortunately after a week in the garage and no progress, I am going to start the complaint process and look at the legal route. Such a shame as the car was very nice