Dealer recommendations in MD/VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
Dealer recommendations in MD/VA

After a few thread with people getting great deals for a C250 coupe, I decided to check out the car at euromotorcars in bethesda, MD. I am going back next week and I want to offer them something below MSRP. I do not want to give them a offensive offer. The car was roughly around $41.5. How much should I offer? I was thinking $37k may be a good starting point but I'm not sure. I am trying to lease a car with little down and sub 300 payment.

Does anyone have a recommended sales person who can help me get to how much I'm willing to pay in the Maryland or northern Virginia area?
Old 03-03-2012, 08:52 PM

2012 Mercedes c250
mercedes of tysons corner. amazing customer service, and will most likely give you a good price.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 88 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
I've heard a lot of good things about Tyson's Corner.

I've had a pretty good experience with Jim Pratt at Euromotorcars Germantown. I've had a phenomenal experience with that dealership overall with my smart.

I've never had a good experience at Euromotorcars Bethesda after going there multiple times while looking and shopping.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:07 PM

2012 Mercedes c250
Since we are talking about bad experience as well lol, i would recommend not going to Mercedes of Alexandria. its an okay dealer. but it lacks customer service.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:16 PM

BMW
Do you think offering 37k is fair on a 41.5k car? That is around 10 percent. I will also have to special order for the exact build I want.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:30 PM

2012 Mercedes c250
Yeah its a deal. if you go there and its not a deal that you like, say your offer and leave. they will contact you saying we worked things around and can get you your asking price.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 88 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
Another one to avoid in my opinion is ASC in Arlington. They have been nothing but pushy and try to use typical sales tactics.

Initially, I emailed about 8 dealers stating exactly what I wanted and that it was not negotiable, that I only wanted to communicate via email, and that I wanted their best price. This was literally their first email to me:
I am ok with building you car. What credit card would you like to charge your deposit on? I need $1,000 and I will start your build process immediately. Our pricing programs change monthly, so I would hope that the exact price could wait until we are closer to your deal date. I will send you what the configuration would look like in my next email.
After that, the guy called me 11 times over 3 weeks... I only wish I could post the voicemails here - they were hilarious.

One of the later emails I got from him (which makes no sense whatsoever to me...)
I try my best to support my wife's organization and it's employees. So, I will extend an employee priced deal to you. Hopefully, we can meet in the near future.
And then the final one, like 2 days after I ordered my car from Germantown:
$5,800 is the all the cash built into the C-class - You can have it if it makes your deal.

I paid Germantown $38,715 for my car which stickered at $42,915. Regardless of the fact that according to the emails above, ASC would have beaten it by $1,600 - I wouldn't give them my business if they were the last Mercedes dealer on the Eastern Seaboard.

Your offer sounds like a good offer to me.

Last edited by MDMercedesGuy; 03-03-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:25 PM

2012 Mercedes c250
yeah ASC and mercedes of alexandria are owned by the same owner, they are bad news bears.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:46 PM

C350 Coupe
EuroMotorcars Bethesda is the only place to buy from. They move the most inventory for 1 reason. They are willing to deal. Buying a car is not rocket science offer a fair price you are happy with and see what they can do to make you happy. Not all dealers pay the same for the cars. If they are a top dealer they get more hold back from MB and Euro is the 4th largest in volume in the US and is in the tops for CSI.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 PM

BMW
I've been talking to a through sales representatives through e-mail. One of them e-mailed me a credit application in order for them to give me pricing details (money factor, residuals...etc). This is my e-mail to him, and his response.

ME: it was great meeting you on Saturday. Let's communicate through e-mail for now.

I figured instead of getting my car's valuation, I would rather talk about the price of the car as I do not need to trade in the car and I can just sell it through a private sale if it makes more sense.

Can you give me the residuals and money factor the lease. I am looking for either a 24, 30, 36 months with 10 or 12k miles. In addition, I would like to get more information on the autopay option and the multiple security deposits that may lower the money factor.

Finally, I am looking for a Artic White on the upgraded leather interior with the lighting package, keyless go and heated from seat. The MSRP comes out to be around 42,535. What is the best price you can give me on this? This build is something I prefer but I can easily be persuaded for another combination if the price is right.

His response:

"All of this will depend on your credit. Selling the Audi sounds good but it look as though you’re seeking a second auto loan if you lease the Mercedes before it’s sold. I’ve attached an application so that your specific questions can be answered."

Can someone go through the process. I don't agree with running a credit application when we have not discuss lease terms, MF, residuals and most importantly the selling price.

This is my process.

1. I ask for the car I am looking for with the respective money factor, residuals for the lease term I want. In addition, I also ask what is the best price they can give me.
2. I also ask about the auto pay option and multiple security deposit.
3. Once they give me all of this information, I will calculate my lease payment and what I am expecting to pay monthly.
4. Once that is all done, I will compare to each dealership to see who can give me the best price and choose which dealership I will go to.

Does this sound like a reasonable process? Again, I have not bought a new car before or leased a car.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:55 PM

BMW
Also, some asked how much I want my monthly payment to be. I rather calculate this myself but is this a typical question from the sales person? Sometimes if you chase what your payment will be, they will just tell you to put down more $ so I was hesitant of answering it.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:10 PM

2006 audi a4
If you know that your credit score is high, just email him back and ask him to give you the numbers based on excellent credit. Only fill out the credit check report once numbers have been agreed on. Yes, also don't tell them what you want to pay per month. Just tell them that you are not a monthly payment shopper.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:41 PM

C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by dave405nyc
If you know that your credit score is high, just email him back and ask him to give you the numbers based on excellent credit. Only fill out the credit check report once numbers have been agreed on. Yes, also don't tell them what you want to pay per month. Just tell them that you are not a monthly payment shopper.
+1

Make sure you tell him what you want to pay up front or nothing down. Tax tags etc...
Old 03-05-2012, 04:42 PM

BMW
Okay, I got an offer. Please tell me if this looks good. It is for a special delivery with MSRP of $42,535. Without haggling, he gave me an amount of $39,035. Is there room for negotiation?

36 months lease, residual is 69%. He did not give me the money factor but he gave me an estimated monthly payment of $539 with 0 down (all tags/titles/first payment is included). I did a back of the envelope calculation, the money factor will be close to .0003. He will give me the MF shortly. In addition, this does not include the conquest incentive of $1,000.

A 24 month lease, residual is 77% with a monthly payment of $578 with 0 down.

**UPDATE** He said the multiple security deposit will do little to nothing with the money factor. The auto pay option will reduce the money factor to .0024

Last edited by yohsume; 03-05-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLC300 / 2021 C300
That is an awesome deal if the residual is really 69% on 36 months. Normally this would be 58% for a 12K per year lease and 61% or so for a 10K lease.

The price quote sounds like it is about invoice which is a good deal, but remember with a lease there is an acquisition fee of $800 - $900.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:07 PM

BMW
Originally Posted by ralawren
That is an awesome deal if the residual is really 69% on 36 months. Normally this would be 58% for a 12K per year lease and 61% or so for a 10K lease.

The price quote sounds like it is about invoice which is a good deal, but remember with a lease there is an acquisition fee of $800 - $900.
I think it is a fair deal especially given the fact he did not factor in the conquest incentive. However, I feel like the money factor is a little bit too high at .0024. I would expect it to be .00225 unless the march rates had increased.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:47 PM

C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by ralawren

I believe the acquisition fee is waved if you lease another MB
Old 03-07-2012, 02:34 PM

BMW
I got a even better deal from another dealership

MSRP $42,830

Asking:$38,600

9.8% off. This is very close to invoice and does not include the conquest incentive. With the incentive, I will be close to my $37,000 without even haggling them.

Now I hope they don't cheat me on the residuals and money factor which they have not given me yet from this dealership. He said with $1,000 down I am looking at high 400's to 500's payment. Even though the price is low, the payment is still a bit high as im targeting for mid 300s to mid 400s.

Does anyone know how much MF will be reduced with the autopay option and multiple security deposit?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:30 PM

C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by yohsume
I got a even better deal from another dealership

MSRP $42,830

Asking:$38,600

9.8% off. This is very close to invoice and does not include the conquest incentive. With the incentive, I will be close to my $37,000 without even haggling them.

Now I hope they don't cheat me on the residuals and money factor which they have not given me yet from this dealership. He said with $1,000 down I am looking at high 400's to 500's payment. Even though the price is low, the payment is still a bit high as im targeting for mid 300s to mid 400s.

Does anyone know how much MF will be reduced with the autopay option and multiple security deposit?
What dealer?
Old 03-07-2012, 09:31 PM

BMW
Originally Posted by accce
What dealer?
EuroMotorCars Bethesda
Old 03-07-2012, 10:50 PM

C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by yohsume
EuroMotorCars Bethesda
Nice Job. They are a great dealer to buy from and the great service won't stop after the sale. They have a great service area and free car washes anytime the service area is open!!
Old 03-17-2012, 01:26 AM

BMW
I'm going to put a deposit down tomorrow to order a c250 with lighting package. Are they required to run the credit application or wait until the car arrives?

The car I built is 40,785. I will be offering 36,500 with all up front fees included except for the 6 percent tax. This will make my lease payment at around 380 give or take $20

I expect the mf to be .oo25 which is the standard rate and residual of 69 percent for 10k miles