STANDARD vs iPod Media Interface Package?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 BMW F30 (328i) Sport Line
STANDARD vs iPod Media Interface Package?

Hi everyone!

I have a question regarding the standard AUX IN and USB JACKS (Both an auxiliary audio input jack and USB connector allow plug-and-play enjoyment from your iPodŽ or other MP3 player) vs. the iPod/MP3 Media Interface Package (The iPod/MP3 Media Interface turns your Mercedes-Benz into an extension of your iPod or compatible electronic device. Browse, select and play your musical accompaniment of choice using the standard audio controls on the steering wheel or console.)

Does this mean if you choose the standard AUX IN in order to play music from your iPod you have to use the iPod to select the song versus selecting it from the screen?

Input from anyone who has either option would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 03-11-2012, 04:55 PM

C250 Coupe, SL 500, Audi A8L, 360 Spider, Bentley
Originally Posted by Ryan9095
Hi everyone!

I have a question regarding the standard AUX IN and USB JACKS (Both an auxiliary audio input jack and USB connector allow plug-and-play enjoyment from your iPodŽ or other MP3 player) vs. the iPod/MP3 Media Interface Package (The iPod/MP3 Media Interface turns your Mercedes-Benz into an extension of your iPod or compatible electronic device. Browse, select and play your musical accompaniment of choice using the standard audio controls on the steering wheel or console.)

Does this mean if you choose the standard AUX IN in order to play music from your iPod you have to use the iPod to select the song versus selecting it from the screen?

Input from anyone who has either option would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
exactly
Old 03-18-2012, 03:26 PM

2012 c250 coupe
You can play the music via your iphone through the bluetooth. Hope your ipod has bluetooth tech. I use it everyday. No wires perfect sound and can even play pandora etc through it all with some control through the cars system