Autoblog first drive: MB C350 4Matic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 08:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C204
Autoblog first drive: MB C350 4Matic

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/13/2...z-c350-4matic/

Were it our money on the line, we would lose some serious sleep over the debate between the A5 and the C350 4Matic Coupe. While both vehicles offer similar low-traction performance, the Audi A5 still strikes us as the more driver-oriented vehicle. With the availability of a manual transmission, better fuel economy and a lower price tag, the Audi is a good foil for the excellent interior, powerful V6 engine and lightweight 4Matic system found on the C350. Either way, we'll forever be indebted to Mercedes-Benz for ferrying us through the Rocky Mountains without having to reenact the more thrilling moments of the Donner Party saga.

At the end of the day, buyers now have a wealth of options when it comes to attractive all-wheel-drive coupes. The C350 4Matic Coupe is further proof that Mercedes-Benz remains serious about offering all-wheel drive-authority that rankles the chains of both Audi and BMW – not to mention Cadillac – with clever engineering innovation that delivers extra grip without dynamic or efficiency penalties.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda Civic
Frign lazy *** journalism. Audi hasn't made the V6 version since 2010. Also, I have specked both an A5 and C350 (two cars that I am thinking about now) and the A5 is not cheaper at all. They are almost exactly the same in cost with Mercedes giving slightly better financing rates. (This applies to Canada at the very least)

WRT to the C350 4matic, glad to see that there is no real penalty to handling, fuel economy, and height of the car.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG edition 1
The comments on that page are funny! They're all a bunch of BMW fanboys. The only thing the 335 has going for it is the engine. Thats it! Ive driven both, and the 335 was unbearably stiff and jiggly, as every beemer is. And exactly how is the C class's interior cheap? The 335 has one of the darkest most drab and plastic laden interiors I've ever seen! I hate reading the comments on articles like this...not to mention you see a 3 series coupe every 20 feet, the C class coupe is far more rare
Old 03-16-2012, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 Coupe 4matic
Originally Posted by ferrariyellow44
The comments on that page are funny! They're all a bunch of BMW fanboys. The only thing the 335 has going for it is the engine. Thats it! Ive driven both, and the 335 was unbearably stiff and jiggly, as every beemer is. And exactly how is the C class's interior cheap? The 335 has one of the darkest most drab and plastic laden interiors I've ever seen! I hate reading the comments on articles like this...not to mention you see a 3 series coupe every 20 feet, the C class coupe is far more rare
Stiff and jiggly? What do u mean?