C350 Coupe first impressions (from e46)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 12:58 PM
gei

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 Coupe
C350 Coupe first impressions (from e46)

Just picked up my Iridium Silver C350 yesterday: Premium Package (COMAND APS with HDD navigation, LINGUATRONIC voice control, DVD changer and SD memory slot, Media interface, Sirius, harman/kardon® LOGIC7® Surround Sound System), AMG Styling Package, Direct Steering/Dynamic Handling Package, Rear view camera

Coming from an E46 coupe (325Ci). Here are my first impressions:

- Striking look, especially with the AMG package (standard in Canada)

- I was initially quite a bit unimpressed with the handling, especially compared to the BMW, however once I hit the sport button (dynamic handling package comes standard in Canada) things improved quite drastically to the point where I would say it handles nearly as well as the 3 series.

- Bluetooth audio works well with my iphone 4 and would probably be "good enough", however I do find the media interface to be quite a bit better - easier to select songs and such. It actually works surprisingly well

- No standard passenger power seat? Seriously Mercedes? Mine doesn't have the "seating package" and I didn't realize that would mean the passenger seat is manual... really makes the car feel cheap

- Power is very impressive, especially coming from the much weaker 325

- Interior far superior to the 3 series (minus the manual passenger power seat)

- Power folding mirrors a nice touch when the car locks (standard in Canada)

- LOGIC7 Surround Sound System is quite impressive

Overall I'm quite satisfied... although I have a feeling the next-gen 3 series coupe might leap-frog the c coupe. Still have quite a while to go before that happens however, and my lease is only 3 years so I can re-evaluate then.