IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C350 Coupe 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Igor1080
Nice car. But 2 things. A. the blind spot on this car is not bad at all, you have to adjust your mirror inward, theres no reason for it to be facing the road in such an extreme angle that you can't see the cars next to you. B. The MB tex is near identical to the leather, I've sat in a $120k CLS 63 and it literally looks the same, there's zero reason to get the full leather package unless you have money to blow or you want the flamingo red interior.
Blind spot as in turning my head, not the mirror. Mirror view is fine, I'm just used to always turning just in case. I guess with the leather, it's what you get used to. I CAN say that when my dog drooled on it yesterday to go get her nails trimmed, I didn't freak out.
Hey blackmercs, anything that can be done to help the seatbelt situation, I'm in. Hijack away!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C350 coupe; 2013 ML350
Originally Posted by Mary Vesci
I had a price limit from my husband so had to pick and choose my options. I too thought the tex would be fine enough for me to have 18" wheels. I do like the 18" wheels so I really don't know which one I'd pick over the other now, but I think over 5 years of payments, leather and blind assist wouldn't have been that much. Anyway, a budget's a budget. I love the car and I'm not complaining (much). Just would have been nice to have it all
my boss bought an ML for his spouse, ordered leather.
He wishes he hadn't spent the extra money as he really like the TEX in my car
Old 04-18-2012, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Mary Vesci
Again, like others said, the seat belt is a pain because it doesn't catch so you have to reach way behind you to get ahold of it. I'm 5'2" so I've got the seat pretty far forward.
Oh, one more. I've never had a car that didn't have real leather. Salesman acted like no big deal. BIG DEAL! It looks cheap. Really wish I'd gotten the leather. Spend the difference!
People of your height are among the most likely candidates for inadvertent injury from an air bag deployment. Bring a tape measure/ruler out to the car and do the following. When you are comfortably seated, (arms almost straight with a slight kink at the elbow) do you have at least 10" of distance from the surface of the steering wheel hub (the air bag cover) to your sternum (breastbone)? If not, you are closer than you should be to the wheel, and at your height, may require pedal blocks to achieve a safer distance.

The issue is being so close to the deploying air bag that your head is in the path while it is inflating, instead of it being fully inflated before your head hits it. People too close to an inflating air bag can suffer significant injury when the bag catches you under the chin and starts to lift your head/skull off your spine.

Also, think of MBTex as new and improved leather...it lasts longer, is easier to clean, more crack-resistant, etc. I've rejected leather to get MBTex in a C and E Class.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:19 AM

Honda Civic
Originally Posted by Igor1080
Nice car. But 2 things. A. the blind spot on this car is not bad at all, you have to adjust your mirror inward, theres no reason for it to be facing the road in such an extreme angle that you can't see the cars next to you. B. The MB tex is near identical to the leather, I've sat in a $120k CLS 63 and it literally looks the same, there's zero reason to get the full leather package unless you have money to blow or you want the flamingo red interior.
Yeah but the issue is also that no premium leather = no full automatic passenger seats which makes the car have a Honda Civic feel. When I pull over the passenger seat for people to come into the back of the car, I expect the seat to be dancing back and forth on its own.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:27 AM
gei

C350 Coupe
no power passenger seat really does make the car feel super cheap.. when i purchased mine i didn't realize i needed the full leather package to get that.. grossly disappointed
Old 04-20-2012, 09:42 AM

2012 C350 Coupe 4MATIC
Originally Posted by gei
no power passenger seat really does make the car feel super cheap.. when i purchased mine i didn't realize i needed the full leather package to get that.. grossly disappointed
I didn't realize it either. When a friend was looking at my car and pointed it out, it was almost embarrasing that it isn't power. My Infiniti was, so I just expected the Mercedes to be. Silly me, it only cost $50,000. To me, that is the side people get in the back from so that is the seat that should go forward (electrically) when flipped forward. Does that seat go foward when flipped if you have leather?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:50 AM

1992 300TE
What a gorgeous color! The interior looks great too. Congrats on a beautiful automobile.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:58 PM

2012 C350 Coupe Black/Red
You have a beautiful car, Mary.
Yes, the leather package includes the power flip for moving the passenger seat foward automatically for people entering the back of the cabin.