Anyone else having serious c250 problems? PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe w/ AMG Package
Anyone else having serious c250 problems? PLEASE READ

Hello, I reported some problems with my transmission on the forum a week back and didn't get much response but i figured i would share and update on my car. I went in complaining of my transmission making a weird sound when it shifts (turns out its normal), and that sometimes when shifting into reverse nothing happens, I also complained about vibration at about 55-60 mph. Turns out there is nothing they can do for the transmission, the technician said that this happened on 2009 c class models and mercedes released an update, but no update for the 2012 c class has been released. As for the vibration they said 3 out of 4 of my tires were un balanced and claimed they balanced them and everything was fine.
I leave the dealership and i have major vibration at about 45 mph, I don't go back because i didn't have time, Just today i have noticed major vibration in the engine bay, the intake is vibrating like crazy and the engine is making a strange noise when in park/ at a stop. I also noticed random acceleration problems, a 2-4 second pause when just lightly stepping on the gas and sort of pulsing acceleration (pause, accelerate, pause accelerate). Also my the car is pulling to the right when driving at all speed.
anyone else experiencing problems?
Old 05-20-2012, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by davidwhelan3
Hello, I reported some problems with my transmission on the forum a week back and didn't get much response but i figured i would share and update on my car. I went in complaining of my transmission making a weird sound when it shifts (turns out its normal), and that sometimes when shifting into reverse nothing happens, I also complained about vibration at about 55-60 mph. Turns out there is nothing they can do for the transmission, the technician said that this happened on 2009 c class models and mercedes released an update, but no update for the 2012 c class has been released. As for the vibration they said 3 out of 4 of my tires were un balanced and claimed they balanced them and everything was fine.
I leave the dealership and i have major vibration at about 45 mph, I don't go back because i didn't have time, Just today i have noticed major vibration in the engine bay, the intake is vibrating like crazy and the engine is making a strange noise when in park/ at a stop. I also noticed random acceleration problems, a 2-4 second pause when just lightly stepping on the gas and sort of pulsing acceleration (pause, accelerate, pause accelerate). Also my the car is pulling to the right when driving at all speed.
anyone else experiencing problems?
It sounds like you are describing multiple serious flaws in your vehicle. I would suggest you go to another dealer and push the issue. Most dealers are truly terrible.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by acr2001
It sounds like you are describing multiple serious flaws in your vehicle. I would suggest you go to another dealer and push the issue. Most dealers are truly terrible.
The Mercedes dealership I go to isnt bad, I just fell like they dont take me seriously when I go there. Im 16 so they dont really want to hear what I have to say, they are sympathetic and today instead of just calling the service department I called the salesman who sold me the car and he was very concerned and called the head of service and parts for me who is supposed to call me tomorrow, which wont happen because they never call unless they are trying to sell me something haha,
i would go to a different dealer but in the 250 mile radius of my house they are all owned by the same company.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:01 PM

thanks for the tip though!
Old 05-20-2012, 11:16 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
No problems relating to the above mentioned for my C250-CDI variant and don't recall any other Aussies with C250's having those probs, however a friend of mine with a 2006 model SLK 350 has similar problems with his auto trans to what you descibed above.

I'd definitely be going back to the dealers and utilising the warranty terms and getting it all sorted or swapped over if the problems persist.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 c250 coupe
other then the crazy amount of lag there is between stepping on the pedal, and waiting 2-4 seconds before the acceleration kicks in, I've had no problems, although, if I go to pass someone in a rush , the pedal lag isnt exactly safe.. I have 10,000 KM on my c250 coupe
Old 05-23-2012, 04:41 PM

Honda Civic
Originally Posted by newc250
other then the crazy amount of lag there is between stepping on the pedal, and waiting 2-4 seconds before the acceleration kicks in, I've had no problems, although, if I go to pass someone in a rush , the pedal lag isnt exactly safe.. I have 10,000 KM on my c250 coupe
Is that the case even when in the sports mode?!
Old 05-23-2012, 04:41 PM

C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by newc250
2-4 seconds??? thats not right, have you had it looked into? I have noticed the juddering acceleration spoken of here, but as its at constant revs, it seems to me to be an engine trait instead of a fault
Old 05-23-2012, 10:52 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by albertz33
2-4 seconds??? thats not right, have you had it looked into? I have noticed the juddering acceleration spoken of here, but as its at constant revs, it seems to me to be an engine trait instead of a fault
Agree !!!

I've driven the C250-CGI and it's no where near that bad unless there's a different ecu tune between Countries

Also driven the C180 petrol only variant and it's better than the C250 in this regard, ie. less noticeable lag than the 250.

I've also noticed that there's no difference in engine/throttle response between standard and sport mode though in the above mentioned models that I 've driven, there was however a noticeable suspension and steering response change and also transmission differences in sport mode.

There's also no response problem or lag with the C250-CDI, most probably due to the twin sequential turbo set up on those
Old 06-01-2012, 09:25 PM

I have also noticed a serious 2-3 second lag when putting my foot down.
UPDATE: car went in today for vibration problems, they said the aligned the car and ordered two new tires and the vibration issues would be fixed, I drove it today and it was better, not perfect, but better. As for the transmission as engine vibration it's normal (apparently). Today a few hours after getting it back I was driving it and one of the cylinders misfired, I only know this because I have the PLX iPhone obd reader, and it said that the 4th cylinder misfired. With only 1700 miles on it this is unacceptable , and am awaiting the dealerships response on the matter
Old 06-02-2012, 02:16 AM

99' Lexus RX300-retired, 01' BMW 330i
Hang in there. I am sure dealer will fix it for you.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:06 AM

All cleared up because the one smart tech decided to give a software update a try -___-
Old 09-06-2012, 05:15 PM

C250
C250-2011 Model Suddenly loses power in rain conditions

Bought this car brand new, it has been having problem with engine cylinder 1 misfiring when overtaking in the rain. data sent to Germany and an ECU update was done but the problem still exists.

has anyone come across this problem in the c250 or c200 series. This is a safety issue as this happens when overtaking in rainy conditions.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:34 PM

2012 C250 coupe / 2012 SLK350
YES. I've had major problems. So bad the dealer took my c250 back with 8000 miles on it and swapped for a brand new one. Experiencing same issues with this one and I give up. PLEASE SEE MY ORIGINAL POST "C250 problems/recall?" for more info.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:30 PM

C250
C250- 2011 model- Engine problem in rain- sudden loss of power when accelerating

BPow thanks for the advice. I noted that you changed the car and still had the same problem.

I was told it is a software glitch and that they mercedes could fix it. Letter from CEO Daimler Australia mentioned that they will do anything and his office will follow the matter. ALL PR fluff I guess as they then told me to take the car and the dealership service manager and chase rain and trucks spraying moisture to simulate the problem.

Told them I was a customer and not their test driver. It is imperative that a car's tested for roadworthiness and safety prior to being sold, or maybe not don't know as i know they are for aircraft. It also needs to meet the environmental conditions it will be operated within. So suggest that you take them to your version of Trade Practices Act and sue them if need be.

I am in australia and a safety engineer for aircraft. I am taking them to fair trading the department here that looks after how dealership operates in Australia as a first step. I had given them three options fix the problem, or replace the car or refund. Now I am asking for a refund because the other two options won't work. It has taken me 1 year and 60,000 km to reach this point and seven instances of the same problem occurring, one after their software fix. I note now that the car is less responsive to acceleration specially when starting from a stopping position at roundabouts, again based on previous driving habit a driver can make a wrong decision on the gap on very busy intersection thus resulting on a potential crash due to failure of the engine to perform. Most of the testing carried by your mechanics are subjective??

So now I will go and buy something that works the way it is supposed to, that safely drive me from point A to B without me worrying about rainy conditions and if overtaking is safe to do so(car can lose power suddenly and a safe gap suddenly becomes a very bad decision). I have to drive long distances weekly between Canberra and Newcastle, I have stopped driving at night due to the black colour of the car as I am extremely concerned that this could result in that one bad accident where I may regret my decision to buy this car. Good to see you have a better dealership in your case.

We are customers not guinea pigs for experimentation by manufacturers. Will see how the aussie laws handle the issue on my side.

Dealership is asking me to pay for the car, it seems it is my fault that the product I bought is defective??? Also I have to prove how the defect occurs even though the car has captured the defect and is telling them when it occurred. That is customer service for you in australia from mercedes benz.

Last edited by c250-2011model; 09-13-2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: word error
Old 09-13-2012, 07:31 PM

All sorts of cars
All the best with it mate.

Who's the dealer? Are you in Newcastle or Canberra?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:32 PM

2012 C250CDI Coupe VP1 AMG pack
C250- 2011 model- Engine problem in rain- sudden loss of power when accelerating

Is your C250 CDI or unleaded?
I have CDI and no probs at all
Old 09-17-2012, 06:10 AM

C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
Same. I have a cdi with 15k on the clock. No issues. I get the odd creak from the glass roof in the morning going down the driveway but that's it.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
I am quite certain that MB Australia will have some solution for you. I recall one person managed to start their own personal war and had hand-painted signs on their car. For some reason they didnt get much help.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:07 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
C204
Sorry to read that you have such issues with your car...

15k for mine too - 180CGI, great car - no problems at all. The transmission is switching gears so smoothly that you can hardly notice (except from 1st to 2nd when there is a slight push). I'm just cruising and having fun.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 PM

2013 C250
I have a C250 and am having rattling in the engine that the dealer acknowledges, but won't, or can't, fix. Says it is normal, but the C250 loaner I got does not have the sound. I will be doing some research on the lemon law tonight.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:10 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by The Fonz
Is your C250 CDI or unleaded?
I have CDI and no probs at all
Originally Posted by jkyriakou
Same. I have a cdi with 15k on the clock. No issues. I get the odd creak from the glass roof in the morning going down the driveway but that's it.
Same here C250 CDI 14,000km no problems.

The only mechanical 'glitch' I've noticed is a kick from the transmission when coming to a stop, but it has only happened a couple of times over that travelled distance so it's not something I'd even worry about.

c250-2011model is yours a CGI ?

I'm interested to see how you go, I'm from Melb. and the dealership I purchased mine from appear to be very helpful in this area, a few times I've been in there I've seen a few various models there with issues and spoken to some of the people involved who were satisfied at the way the dealership was trying to fix it all up.

Maybe try another dealership ??
Old 11-28-2012, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by AV1
Same here C250 CDI 14,000km no problems.

The only mechanical 'glitch' I've noticed is a kick from the transmission when coming to a stop, but it has only happened a couple of times over that travelled distance so it's not something I'd even worry about.

c250-2011model is yours a CGI ?

I'm interested to see how you go, I'm from Melb. and the dealership I purchased mine from appear to be very helpful in this area, a few times I've been in there I've seen a few various models there with issues and spoken to some of the people involved who were satisfied at the way the dealership was trying to fix it all up.

Maybe try another dealership ??

I have a CGI with 10,070 as of today, is has been running fine for the last 2 months, the horrid dealer, after blaming me for all the problems installed the third update which cleared the problems, i got my service A at a dealership about 60 miles from my house and they are very eager to help me sort out the other problems with the car , so I'm happy
Old 12-06-2012, 07:56 PM

Had the same problem today. After starting an overtake in the rain the yellow engine light came on , car looses power and starts to rattle. Can anyone help me.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by tiagomiguel
Had the same problem today. After starting an overtake in the rain the yellow engine light came on , car looses power and starts to rattle. Can anyone help me.
Most likely a cylinder misfire, this has happned to me a few times, take it into the dealership and tell them you think the cars cylinder has misfired and tell them the symptoms

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else having serious c250 problems? PLEASE READ