Random C Coupe Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2012 | 03:26 AM

C350 4matic coupe
Random C Coupe Questions

I have a bunch of questions that came to my mind while driving tonight and couldn't really find the answers. Some of the topics have been covered, but they were pretty confusing so if someone had some clarity, I'd appreciate it.

1. When do the "C" lights actually come on with American models? I know the park lights will turn them on, but what about Auto mode at night?
2. What actually causes the lowbeams to come on in Auto mode? Do they detect ambient light conditions? I've seen them come on when it's pretty bright out, but not when it's been darker so I'm just curious what triggers them. Also, when I turn the wipers on, they seem to come on a bit more.
3. When I use the up and down arrows on the steering wheel under audio, it moves through my presets but can I have them move through all the stations?

That's it for now, thanks for the help.
Old 06-27-2012 | 03:44 AM

C350 4matic coupe
One more, when turning on the heater (or AC), can you link the zones (like in the E class) or do you have to adjust both sides manually if you want both to have the same temp?
Old 06-27-2012 | 12:18 PM

C350 Coupe 4matic
Originally Posted by JohnnyUte
One more, when turning on the heater (or AC), can you link the zones (like in the E class) or do you have to adjust both sides manually if you want both to have the same temp?

Yeah theres a button. I think its called "zone" lol and all you have to do is turn your side and the other side goes with it.
Old 06-27-2012 | 12:39 PM

2012 Red C250 Coupe, 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1, 1960 Beechcraft Bonanza
Hi There,

I believe "zone" is not available in the US on the C250.

Old 06-27-2012 | 12:52 PM

C350 4matic coupe
I don't think it's available on mine either. I know the E class I drove had zone which was a great feature, but I haven't found anything like that on ours. I'll peruse the owner's manual once more but don't think I'll find it.
Old 06-27-2012 | 01:52 PM
gei

C350 Coupe
hmm... yeah Canadian ones have the "zone" button too. Press it and then the zones are linked...
Old 06-27-2012 | 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by JohnnyUte
I have a bunch of questions that came to my mind while driving tonight and couldn't really find the answers. Some of the topics have been covered, but they were pretty confusing so if someone had some clarity, I'd appreciate it.

1. When do the "C" lights actually come on with American models? I know the park lights will turn them on, but what about Auto mode at night?
2. What actually causes the lowbeams to come on in Auto mode? Do they detect ambient light conditions? I've seen them come on when it's pretty bright out, but not when it's been darker so I'm just curious what triggers them. Also, when I turn the wipers on, they seem to come on a bit more.
3. When I use the up and down arrows on the steering wheel under audio, it moves through my presets but can I have them move through all the stations?

That's it for now, thanks for the help.
The "C" lights come on whenever the lowbeams turn on.
There is a light sensor loacated behind the rearview mirror that will detect ambient light conditions. There are a variety of factors, usually it waits like 5 seconds of consistent dark lighting to turn on the lights so that it doesn't turn on when going under overpasses on a highway, or if you're passing undershade. Additionally, when the wipers engage for 10 consectuitve sweeps or more within a certain timeframe (I believe anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute) the lights will also turn on, since by law in many states require your lights to be one when your wipers are on.

The only way to seek through all stations are by the comand knob, and I believ by the physical buttons on the dashboard next to the volume controls. There is no way to seek through all stations via the steering wheel.
Old 06-27-2012 | 02:14 PM

C350 4matic coupe
Awesome, thanks for the info I appreciate it. I just looked through the manual and the Zone button is only in Canada, instead we have Max Cool. Also, I just want to make sure but when I turn on the heater, the A/C still comes on but I think it's for the dehumidification and not normal cooling, am I right?
Old 07-02-2012 | 09:52 AM

C250 Coupe
This may be a silly question, but what exactly are the "C" lights?
Old 07-03-2012 | 08:01 AM

mb c 250 coupe
c lights are park ligts' shape in the front lights.
Old 07-03-2012 | 08:07 AM

mb c 250 coupe
does anyone know where is the bluetooth telephony mic is?(near rear view mirror or ?)
also what is the round mesh cowered little thing on dashboard on lower right side of steering wheel(between radio and steering colunm)
Old 07-03-2012 | 08:16 AM

2017 E400 Coupe & 2018 GLC43
Originally Posted by djstardust
also what is the round mesh cowered little thing on dashboard on lower right side of steering wheel (between radio and steering colunm)
~ that is the mic for the bluetooth.
Old 07-03-2012 | 05:52 PM

C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by djstardust
c lights are park ligts' shape in the front lights.
Thanks! That's been bugging me for quite some time haha
Old 07-04-2012 | 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by andrew c coupe
~ that is the mic for the bluetooth.
I believe this is incorrect. The microphone array is above the rearview mirror. The mesh on the drivers side dash is one of the climate control 'sniffer' fans (for the thermostat in there).

Anyway,
A question with regards to the 'zone' button. Can anyone figure out WHY they don't just unlink the two zones when a passenger is detected? The sensor is already there in the seat for the airbags, so why not use it to enable the second zone when a butt is in the seat?! Seems too obvious...
Old 07-07-2012 | 07:08 AM

mb c 250 coupe
that is simply a good idea.i hope mb engineers reads this forum,
i have another question;when i park the car a fan is still working under the vipers.very quietly.i think it is evaporating moisture in air conditioner to get rid of bad smell.any other idea?