Notices

Service Fee?

 
Old 08-15-2012, 02:03 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 197
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe w/ AMG Package
Service Fee?

I'm approaching 4500 miles on my 2012 coupe and I think the first service is at 5000 miles, and because Mercedes maintenance isn't free I was wondering how much a service costs? I'm in Florida but there must be a generic cost for service? Thank you
davidwhelan3 is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 10:38 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
jctevere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dix Hills, New York
Posts: 2,108
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Nope, service is at every 10,000 miles. The car will let you know. 10k service is known as "Service A" which varies widely nationwide and according to your specific dealer. I would say an average price is about $200-$250. However, its basically just an oil change and inspections, which most dealers will do just the oil change for $120.

20k service is service B which is a bit more expensive and requires more then just an oil change.
jctevere is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 11:41 AM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 92
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
If you're financing your car and not leasing, I would look into the prepaid service plan. It covers your $10K and $20k miles for a discounted price.
Ubiquitous5 is offline  
Old 08-18-2012, 09:43 PM
  #4  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 197
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe w/ AMG Package
Originally Posted by jctevere View Post
Nope, service is at every 10,000 miles. The car will let you know. 10k service is known as "Service A" which varies widely nationwide and according to your specific dealer. I would say an average price is about $200-$250. However, its basically just an oil change and inspections, which most dealers will do just the oil change for $120.

20k service is service B which is a bit more expensive and requires more then just an oil change.

I talked to my service manager today, he said there is a service at 5K miles but its just tire rotation and a multi point inspection free of charge, maybe that doesn't count as an actual service haha
davidwhelan3 is offline  
Old 08-18-2012, 09:44 PM
  #5  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 197
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe w/ AMG Package
Originally Posted by Ubiquitous5 View Post
If you're financing your car and not leasing, I would look into the prepaid service plan. It covers your $10K and $20k miles for a discounted price.
I will look into that, it all depends on the cost and if it really saves me that much, thanks
davidwhelan3 is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 09:14 PM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
jctevere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dix Hills, New York
Posts: 2,108
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Definitely get the pre-paid service plan regardless of if you're buying or leasing. I'm leasing and it only added $9/month to my lease (you only pay for the portion of the plan you use too, which is great). This comes out to just over $100 a year for service. That's a GREAT deal, especially considering that dealers in my area charge $375+ for 10k service, and $575+ for 20k service. However, I admit Long Island does suffer from stealership price gouging.
jctevere is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 06:10 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 320
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 ML350 Black/Black
Originally Posted by davidwhelan3 View Post
I talked to my service manager today, he said there is a service at 5K miles but its just tire rotation and a multi point inspection free of charge, maybe that doesn't count as an actual service haha
If stuggered tires, no tire rotation ... Inspection of what?
Breitling65 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Service Fee?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: