2003 C 230 kompressor won't start help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230k
2003 C 230 kompressor won't start help

I haven't driven my car since Tuesday. Today I come out click key to unlock doors and my lights don't come on like they usually do but car unlocks . I stick key in ignition dash lights come on. Turn key nothing just dash lights come up like gas light check engine light etc then goes off. Tried 3 times same thing then key won't turn anymore step on brake pedal and it's hard wont go down. Got out of car clicked key now won't lock. Dashlight with mileage still on then goes off. Do u think its my battery should I get a jump or something else
Old 11-25-2012, 04:13 AM

2018 GLC300W
Originally Posted by Shellz83
I haven't driven my car since Tuesday. Today I come out click key to unlock doors and my lights don't come on like they usually do but car unlocks . I stick key in ignition dash lights come on. Turn key nothing just dash lights come up like gas light check engine light etc then goes off. Tried 3 times same thing then key won't turn anymore step on brake pedal and it's hard wont go down. Got out of car clicked key now won't lock. Dashlight with mileage still on then goes off. Do u think its my battery should I get a jump or something else
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

1. The definite immediate cause is your battery. You should replace it. Jumping or recharging will only delay the inevitable.

2. That said, there is most likely something else going on which has ENDED with the SYMPTOM of a dying battery. It sounds like there's a short somewhere in the system... on my 2001 C240 I had the same problem repeatedly over a 2 month period, and it turned out to be the driver side seat controller. I don't know if it's the same for you, and I hope not. I replaced mine 3 times before they figured it out, and at $900 a pop it was a direct factor to me getting my C300.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:10 PM

C230k
Thank you so much I am going to try to jump it/ get new battery. Hopefully nothing else is wrong. I appreciate your response a lot !