C350 Coupe vs 328i Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 01:43 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Originally Posted by Breitling65
But AMG C63 Black Edition looks better than M3
Seriously "looking better" thing is very personal I believe.
The c63 Black edition is newer model = w204 coupe on steroids. BMW does not have an answer to that as or fight now. The comparable car would be a M4 based off of the 4 series coupe which is not even out.

So my statement is correct. MB C Coupes look better than the current 3 series coupes including M3.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:44 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Revisiting this thread since I had the opportunity to drive the new 2.0 turbo 2013 BMW 328i sedan for a week. With the RR sold (crap load of problems), I am looking to get another 4 door vehicle, non-suv. I am testing out quite a few cars and not trying to spend over $50,000 for a 4 door. First vehicle on my test list is this F30 2013 BMW 328i 2.0 turbo. I rented this from Enterprise.

Power and Handling: Lets get straight to the power and handling, which is why I wanted to rent this vehicle. Excellent power for a turbo 2.0 4cyl. This car has 8 gears with manual mode, along with DS ECO mode, comfort and sport. Power delivery is instant and literally no turbo lag. This car has way more power then what is advertised and I see why it can get through the quarter-mile in 14.0sec flat. The take off is about as fast if better than my previous G37S stock, a C350 stock, and my modified c250. It's also faster than my SC430. It handles well too, and is glued to the pavement. I will even say it handles better than my c250 with sport suspension. The ride is also smooth as you can change the settings and rides better than my c250 over bumps and grooves in the pavement. One thing to add is WIND NOISE...If you thought the C-class had a lot of wind noise, then get into a 328 sedan its very bad. The wind noise sounds as if the windows have a small crack in them.

Interior: I rented a base sport without sunroof, and the fake leather, hard plastic dash, hard plastics used throughout the cabin, and ridiculously small steering wheel is just horrible. Also, the out of place nav/info screen and bluetooth interface is horrible. The BMW infotainment center is easier to use than MB but its just placed in an awkward location and looks like an after thought like the CLA infotainment screen. There is a lot of room in the back and I think its more room then the C-Class sedans. Puddle lights on all door handles, interior ambient lighting throughout is better than the C-Class.

Overall fit and finish: I would rate it a 7 as the interior with aluminium trim is not up to par with MB fit and finish. A base c250 interior is so much better than a base 328i. I want to get my hands on a 335i M-Sport and see how it compares next. Why I am "not" testing a c350 sedan, I don't like they way they look, and the power. As of right now BMW i4 & v6 > MB i4 & v6 and BMW i4 is faster than MB v6. Also, MB is coming out with the 2014 C-Class sedans so I may wait. I am in no rush to buy another car.

After thought: BMS just finished a stage 2 tune upgrade for this car and it makes 300hp and 350tq. If stage 1 testing was 0-60 in 4.9sec and 13.3sec quarter mile then I cannot imagine what stage 2 offers/feels like. This car would be a rocketship.

Last edited by DameMD; 03-14-2013 at 12:46 PM.