My Palladium Silver C350 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C350 Black with Red Leather, 1973 911
Cost for your C350

I know that you guys pay a lot for your cars in Australia but can I ask for a price comparison? Here in the states I purchase a 2012 black c350 coupe with special order red leather, lighting package, amg package, push button start, and other junk and I paid $47800 what would this car cost in Australia?
Old 04-07-2013, 02:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C350 Coupe 4M
I checked out the MB Australia website but there isn't a pricing configurator (odd: http://www2.mercedes-benz.com.au/con...skipintro.html). They do have base pricing here: http://www.driveaway.mercedes-benz.com.au/.....mind blown (even after converting currency to CAD or USD).
Old 04-08-2013, 04:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by gwi42
I know that you guys pay a lot for your cars in Australia but can I ask for a price comparison? Here in the states I purchase a 2012 black c350 coupe with special order red leather, lighting package, amg package, push button start, and other junk and I paid $47800 what would this car cost in Australia?
Standard equipment in Australia is far better than anywhere else in the world.

Any colour leather is a non cost option - even for a 250. Same deal with Comand.
HK sound is standard
Electric Seats with memory standard
your "lighting package" is standard

Only options are pretty much the roof, heated seats, keyless go, driver assistance, anti theft & AMG.

A nicely optioned C350 would probably set you back $120 000

To give you an even better example - the new A45 has three options - black 19" rims instead of silver, AMG 20% stiffer suspension, Aero package. Everything else is standard believe it or not. Even the natural leather recaro seats. We pay $85 000 for it though.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:27 AM

C350 Coupe
Mild Update

Thought I'd share a bit of what's been happening. Slow progress but interesting.

I made a slight cosmetic change last week - I changed the centre caps on my car. My standard ones with the sticker like benz logo and the blue reef, while nice, don't quite do much for the rim itself IMO. I swapped them out for the grey centre caps that also match the colour of my car - and when the rims are dirty all blends in quite nice. I've posted a pic though after I've given them a slight clean.

This slight cosmetic mod is even better for people with black rims - get the black centre caps - matches so much better I reckon. Centre cap doesn't stand out like a sore thumb.

I intend to do some drag work real soon and possibly some track, see how we go. Got a helmet sorted out so I can go whenever which is good.

Also ordered the big fin carbon fibre diffuser for the dual exhaust and it will take quite a while to get here, but I'm also looking at the Eibach anti roll kit for the car too.
Attached Thumbnails My Palladium Silver C350 Coupe-img_2919.jpg  
Old 05-02-2013, 07:23 AM

C350 Coupe
A bit of fun this week.

I haven't hadan awful lot to post recently because I've been waiting on parts. Some of them have arrived or are very close though so it should be interesting soon.

However...

This week I took the car to the drags to lay down some times. The C Coupe isn't one of those cars you'd typically see running down the quarter and to plenty of you this probably isn't of interest, but I'm young and like motor sport and it has always been one of those must things for me that needs to be ticked off.

Running the quarter was really fun. I ran 5 times, all pretty consistently. My aim was to break the 14 second mark and crack into the 13s. I also wanted to exceed 100 mph or 160 km/h.

And, with the very limited mods I've done managed to achieve what I wanted. My last two runs I pulled a 13.9 and got just over with 101 mph or about 163 km/h. If anyone is desperately interested I can take a pic and post my slip. I'm happy either way.

I think the car really proved how good it is getting that 13.9 with me having no drag experience whatsoever. And say what you will about autos and skill but my first couple of runs were 14.1, 14.0 and 14.1 again. You need to concentrate and maximise the launch to squeeze a bit more.

It's always hard to make comparisons and find official times, but at 13.9 I'm not that far off pretty stock 335i/E46 M3 what I'd call my true competitiors which a fairly typical time seems to be about 13.5 or 13.6.

With more practice and a taking a few advantages (new tyres especially rear for a start) should put me pretty close to the competition.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:11 AM

190 evoII replica
Numbers look nice! Great to see that you are also using the 350 :-)
Old 05-03-2013, 05:53 AM

C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by 190Benz
Numbers look nice! Great to see that you are also using the 350 :-)
Thanks mate. It's meant to be enjoyed.

Interestingly enough I was going through some of my car mags and at the same drag strip in similar conditions professional drivers in one review only pulled a 14.1 with stock E92 335i. Saw this and smiled!
Old 05-05-2013, 05:54 PM

2013 C 350 Coupe
Nice C350! We have the same color.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:33 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Great stuff Blickling and nice times - that's better than the similarily powered Lexus IS350, kudos on the run efforts, it certainly is easy to run most MB models as quick and consistantly as you can without much practice

I've driven on track pretty much every model in the range including AMG's and even after only a brief while felt totally confident to max them out even the much larger and much more powerful models like the CLS63

Look forward to your mod completions, I too am in a similar position awaiting hardware to arrive and get it all fitted up and running, it's not alot of items but just the few bits and pieces I want to complete my C Coupe to my own personal requirements.

Eagerly also looking forward to the entire A Class AMG range being released, am very keen to include an AMG model in the garage along side my C Coupe
Old 05-05-2013, 08:49 PM

2002 slk 32 amg, 2013 c300 4matic sport
I like your thread. Have you ever been worried that your tune would void warranty?
Old 05-09-2013, 05:07 AM

C350 Coupe
AV1 - always enjoy your comments. There's nothing more fun than being able to exploit your Benz (or someone else's) in a nice environment like the track or the strip. Everytime you do it is such a joy. The new A is a sensation. Can't wait until the 45 arrives. I should be able to drive one at the earliest opportuntity. I'll have to write down my thoughts and share them.

Xjay - no I'm not really worried about that. If you spend all your time worrying about will this affect that, no one would do anything. I think the only important thing to do is not do anything that sticks out like a sore thumb - such as - I dunno, a roll cage or massive intercooler. You should have a healty amount of trust with your tuner and if you don't then don't use them.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:22 AM

C350 Coupe
Nice Update

Thanks guys for helping me hit another small milestone - over 3000 views!

I owe you all a decent update!

Last week the carbon fibre diffuser arrived and this week the exhaust system arrived! Win win!

I have attached a picture of the diffuser with the stock exhaust. I haven't taken a pic with the Meisterschaft system on because I've spent too much time enjoying it. The fit was good. The tips actually don't stick out quite as far as the stock ones - maybe an inch or so shorter. I don't really care about this in fact I prefer them to be a bit more subtle. Less attention and much better than them sticking too far out.

I'll show a pic of the system when I remember to do so.

As for the exhaust I'll try and describe the HP Touring system as best I can.

It really doesn't drone. It's very quiet when you're just cruising along. The good think about it is that you can now hear the car right through the rev range, instead of only up high. Would l like it louder? Maybe a little but then you run the risk of drone and the what if it's too loud question. I'm overall really happy with it. You do get a bit of popping at the back too and when you're outside the car you can really hear it. When you rev it too, even with our soft limiter on the cars it is much more exciting. same when you start it up. Just a bit more bark to inspire you to drive it.

I'd probably say that the GT system is probably too loud for just an axle back muffler system (although this is guess work should ask someone with one). Really what you would want over this is a bit more noise or volume from the engine rather than exhaust noise.

I'm hoping the filter will do this when it arrives. That or look at doing something to th exhaust closer to the engine end. I'd also point out that this system hasn't compromised the existing sound. It has enhanced it which I was hoping it would do. I like the stock sound. It just needs to be louder.

I have more things coming so I'll have more interesting things to talk about, hopefully soon.
Attached Thumbnails My Palladium Silver C350 Coupe-img_2965.jpg  
Old 05-09-2013, 05:54 AM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Originally Posted by Blickling

It's always hard to make comparisons and find official times, but at 13.9 I'm not that far off pretty stock 335i/E46 M3 what I'd call my true competitiors which a fairly typical time seems to be about 13.5 or 13.6.

With more practice and a taking a few advantages (new tyres especially rear for a start) should put me pretty close to the competition.
Nice times. I don't really consider the c350/c250 drag cars but I would definitely like to take my slowc250 to the track to see what times I am running after mods. Mods for these cars rather it be 3.5 or 1.8t are very minimal, and is making me look at the competition for next purchase in 2014 (unless MB steps up with better engines). Not to mag race but most of the car magazines have the new f30 335i running low 13s now and the 328i are now high 13s.

The renntech tune that AndresToys has on his c350 should really wake up the c350. Too bad their isn't anything else out to really improve the c350/c250 power wise. Not to say I am disappointed but MB really needs to step up their v6s and 4cyl.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:53 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI

Last week the carbon fibre diffuser arrived and this week the exhaust system arrived! Win win!

I have attached a picture of the diffuser with the stock exhaust. I haven't taken a pic with the Meisterschaft system on because I've spent too much time enjoying it. The fit was good. The tips actually don't stick out quite as far as the stock ones - maybe an inch or so shorter. I don't really care about this in fact I prefer them to be a bit more subtle. Less attention and much better than them sticking too far out.

It really doesn't drone. It's very quiet when you're just cruising along. The good think about it is that you can now hear the car right through the rev range, instead of only up high. Would l like it louder? Maybe a little but then you run the risk of drone and the what if it's too loud question. I'm overall really happy with it. You do get a bit of popping at the back too and when you're outside the car you can really hear it. When you rev it too, even with our soft limiter on the cars it is much more exciting. same when you start it up. Just a bit more bark to inspire you to drive it.

I'd probably say that the GT system is probably too loud for just an axle back muffler system (although this is guess work should ask someone with one). Really what you would want over this is a bit more noise or volume from the engine rather than exhaust noise.

I'm hoping the filter will do this when it arrives. That or look at doing something to th exhaust closer to the engine end. I'd also point out that this system hasn't compromised the existing sound. It has enhanced it which I was hoping it would do. I like the stock sound. It just needs to be louder.

I have more things coming so I'll have more interesting things to talk about, hopefully soon.
Excellent work, looks great

I actually like the fact that the tips are not pocking out as much with the different set up, IMHO they poke out too much on the OEM C350's if you look at the OEM single on the C250's it's almost flush with the diffusor and looks much neater that way

I think your pretty much guaranteed a proper exhaust note/sound on any specifically made to suit high end exhaust system - hopefully I'll get a similar result to yours with my SuperSprint which arrives next Monday, looking forward to having it and the diffusor similar to yours installed sometime over the next 2 weeks

Also in the same boat as yourself waiting for more goodies...

Look forward to seeing all your other upcoming mods too
Old 05-09-2013, 08:59 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
AV1 - always enjoy your comments. There's nothing more fun than being able to exploit your Benz (or someone else's) in a nice environment like the track or the strip. Everytime you do it is such a joy. The new A is a sensation. Can't wait until the 45 arrives. I should be able to drive one at the earliest opportuntity. I'll have to write down my thoughts and share them.

Xjay - no I'm not really worried about that. If you spend all your time worrying about will this affect that, no one would do anything. I think the only important thing to do is not do anything that sticks out like a sore thumb - such as - I dunno, a roll cage or massive intercooler. You should have a healty amount of trust with your tuner and if you don't then don't use them.
+ 1 on the AMG 45's - will get to test drive as soon as they are available and also write up a review/impressions

And totally agree with your comments in answer to Xjay, I approach this whole thing in the exact same manner
Old 05-12-2013, 06:31 AM

C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by DameMD
Nice times. I don't really consider the c350/c250 drag cars but I would definitely like to take my slowc250 to the track to see what times I am running after mods. Mods for these cars rather it be 3.5 or 1.8t are very minimal, and is making me look at the competition for next purchase in 2014 (unless MB steps up with better engines). Not to mag race but most of the car magazines have the new f30 335i running low 13s now and the 328i are now high 13s.

The renntech tune that AndresToys has on his c350 should really wake up the c350. Too bad their isn't anything else out to really improve the c350/c250 power wise. Not to say I am disappointed but MB really needs to step up their v6s and 4cyl.
I wouldn't worry about lack of mods or power for the next generation of engines.

I haven't look much on the diesel but the new petrol 2.0t has a host of options and seems to be going into all the classes. Just check out the Brabus A250 and C250 Sport for a taste.

The new E400 is already a weapon (new 3.0 twin turbo motor). drop a bit of money in here and no current BMW other than the new M3 will be able to touch a lightly modded 400. Even stock that motor really only has the M135i or 1m to contend with.

I'm not too interested in times that aren't set in Australia. The times set in the US always seem to be better than here - maybe it is conditions or fuel, don't know but apples and apples comparison with a couple of local runs my car with just a tune is faster down the strip than an E90/92/93 335i. The end.

I've driven the new F30 335i. Same motor but even more sensational 8 speed transmission. It doesn't feel any faster than mine. More rapid gear changes though in its sport + setting. There's a good chance it could be quicker I guess?!?, don't know. I certainly wouldn't want to race a tuned one. At the end of the day though the current 3 series has morphed into a big car and IMO isn't as pretty as my coupe.

The 328i is light with it's 2.0 litre engine and quick to the 0-100 apparently. It's certainly a quicker car than a C250, albeit not as cool. In a bit of a traditional role reversal the new C250 Sport Coupes probably handle better with their modified suspension. I don't think a stock 328i is a serious threat to a C350 though.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:46 AM

C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by AV1
Excellent work, looks great

I actually like the fact that the tips are not pocking out as much with the different set up, IMHO they poke out too much on the OEM C350's if you look at the OEM single on the C250's it's almost flush with the diffusor and looks much neater that way

I think your pretty much guaranteed a proper exhaust note/sound on any specifically made to suit high end exhaust system - hopefully I'll get a similar result to yours with my SuperSprint which arrives next Monday, looking forward to having it and the diffusor similar to yours installed sometime over the next 2 weeks

Also in the same boat as yourself waiting for more goodies...

Look forward to seeing all your other upcoming mods too
Make sure you post some info and pics so I can see! I didn't think SuperSprint did an exhaust for our cars? I thought the only systems available for non C63 AMG cars were Meisterschaft and Eisenmann? I really like the SuperSprint on the BMWs...

I keep thinking of things and bouncing ideas of my tuner and his shop so their are always ideas in the pipeline with me. At the moment I'm desperately dying for new rubber but the tyres I want are difficult to get a hold of and out of stock. I don't think my shop had installed or seen a Meisterschaft system before. They mostly do Akrapovic, milltek or do their own custom exhausts (all pretty high end) and everyone seemed to think it was good so I'm happy and they aren't the sort of people to not give their honest opinion.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C350 Coupe 4M
The new diffuser looks great!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:57 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Make sure you post some info and pics so I can see! I didn't think SuperSprint did an exhaust for our cars? I thought the only systems available for non C63 AMG cars were Meisterschaft and Eisenmann? I really like the SuperSprint on the BMWs...

I keep thinking of things and bouncing ideas of my tuner and his shop so their are always ideas in the pipeline with me. At the moment I'm desperately dying for new rubber but the tyres I want are difficult to get a hold of and out of stock. I don't think my shop had installed or seen a Meisterschaft system before. They mostly do Akrapovic, milltek or do their own custom exhausts (all pretty high end) and everyone seemed to think it was good so I'm happy and they aren't the sort of people to not give their honest opinion.
You and I must be thinking/analysing alot of things much alike as the BMW's and comparos/impressions of the them above is a similar conclusion for me as well

As for SuperSprint they do indeed cover most brands and models including most of the C Class MB's.

Check this link which shows the SuperSprint option/s for the C350 petrol Coupe:
http://www.supersprint.com/en/IT/pro...11_E28093.aspx

They have systems for Ferraris all the way to VW Golfs and others.

As stated previously on other posts/threads I chose this system over the Brabus and Eisenmann because of personal preference to tip choice and overall finish quality and many favourable reviews.

The shop that will install mine also have loads of high end hardware experience and lots of custom set ups. but have not installed a SuprSprint on a MB before.

It shouldn't be a difficult job however for any good work shop to do the above as it's a ready made system already fully R&D'd so it should mount straight up and work/deliver the desired results rather than relying on trial and error with an untested custom made system set up, it's much more expensive but I certainly don't want to have any issues with noise levels, droning, loss of power or response, reliability/longevity etc. etc. that you mostly get with untried exhaust sytems set ups.

As soon as it's done I'll certainly let you know how it all works, may even start a thread like yours including all my modifications when it's all complete

Last edited by AV1; 05-12-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:53 AM

C350 Coupe
Thanks AV1 - those X pipes are definitely of interest to me. Are you getting the full catback system? Or just some of the parts?

I really which I could know more about the potential HP gains from the system. Doesn't seem to be much though. From what I've heard with the Benzes though, the gains are mostly felt in the mid section.

On a different topic for those following the thread, tyres have arrived so these will be going on the car this week. By the end of the week I should have and posted some interesting pics of exhaust and new rubber. Unfortunately due to lack of 255/35 18 availability in this country my choices were severely limited. The two types of tyres I was most keen on are both out of stock for months. Same deal with other alternatives too. What do you do. I'll talk more about this later though.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:25 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Thanks AV1 - those X pipes are definitely of interest to me. Are you getting the full catback system? Or just some of the parts?

I really which I could know more about the potential HP gains from the system. Doesn't seem to be much though. From what I've heard with the Benzes though, the gains are mostly felt in the mid section.

On a different topic for those following the thread, tyres have arrived so these will be going on the car this week. By the end of the week I should have and posted some interesting pics of exhaust and new rubber. Unfortunately due to lack of 255/35 18 availability in this country my choices were severely limited. The two types of tyres I was most keen on are both out of stock for months. Same deal with other alternatives too. What do you do. I'll talk more about this later though.
G'Day Blickling the system for the CDI's is different than for the CGI's or petrol engines, (you can check the link I provided and look up the CDI's) my one is mid car length back and TBH with this car I only ever wanted to touch or modify axle back only above all else to achieve a symmetrical dual system look to my satisfaction and also with my choice of the SuperSprint hopefully trouble free operation and long time reliabilty hence the decision to spend the $$$ rather than opting for a much cheaper untried untested or non custom made to fit set up, similar I suppose to what you've opted for with your high end brand choice

Mine is the full system as offered by SuperSprint for my CDI as stated Y piece onwards from about mid car length back

The cats and everything else close to the engine on the diesels is definitely left alone, remember these systems from SuperSprint are fully R&D'd (and dynoed) and made to give the best results without compromising OEM performance and operability I don't think anyone wants to mess around with DPF's etc. on the diesels.

Power wise AFAIK all exhaust updates will not bring about huge changes (especially on any N/A engine) even the best systems will only provide a modest increase in power and torque and as you know putting in an unsuitable system especially engine back can make the engine go backwards in both power and response.

Look forward to your pics of the finished exhaust set up and hopefully the new rubber does the job you wanted

Last edited by AV1; 05-15-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:29 AM

C350 Coupe
Exhaust & Tyres

With the car up on the hoist this week for new tyres, it was good opportunity to get a picture of the exhaust on the car. There can't be that many around with the dual rather than the quad setup!

I love the finish of the stainless steel. The rest of the system looks dull and boring compared to the Meisterschaft system. I think it is unreal.

With regard to tyres, there was just hadly any choice due to poor availabilty in Australia of a 255/35 18.

I wanted the Yokohama Advan Neova AD08s, but unfortunately there is no stock and there won't be more stock for a while because the tyre is undergoing some improvements - soon to be known as the AD08R because of R compound changes.

I went with the Bridgestone Potenza S001. I don't like the continentals before and have had the Pirelli P Zero before on other cars. It's pretty good but I want something different. For those of you in the US, the S001 in Aus is like the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position, which seems to be a favourite, just behind the Michelin Pilot Super Sport on tire rack. Having had a bit of a spin with the new rubber, I'm very impressed. It grips really well, I'm not concerned like I was with the continentals and you've got to be going way to fast on a tight corner to feel any sort of unsettling of the car. The dry performance is very good. Don't know about the wet yet. You can see why this tyre is used on the Ferrari 458 Italia and the Lexus LFA to name 2 supercars that use this tyre.

Before it felt like the suspension and chassis were being let down by the tyres. Now everything feels a lot more evenly placed. The handling will only improve on the car with some future suspension modifications.
Attached Thumbnails My Palladium Silver C350 Coupe-img_2977.jpg   My Palladium Silver C350 Coupe-img_2978.jpg   My Palladium Silver C350 Coupe-img_2979.jpg  
Old 05-19-2013, 08:17 AM

2015 ML350 Black/Black
With the car up on the hoist this week for new tyres, it was good opportunity to get a picture of the exhaust on the car. There can't be that many around with the dual rather than the quad setup!

I love the finish of the stainless steel. The rest of the system looks dull and boring compared to the Meisterschaft system. I think it is unreal.

With regard to tyres, there was just hadly any choice due to poor availabilty in Australia of a 255/35 18.

I wanted the Yokohama Advan Neova AD08s, but unfortunately there is no stock and there won't be more stock for a while because the tyre is undergoing some improvements - soon to be known as the AD08R because of R compound changes.

I went with the Bridgestone Potenza S001. I don't like the continentals before and have had the Pirelli P Zero before on other cars. It's pretty good but I want something different. For those of you in the US, the S001 in Aus is like the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position, which seems to be a favourite, just behind the Michelin Pilot Super Sport on tire rack. Having had a bit of a spin with the new rubber, I'm very impressed. It grips really well, I'm not concerned like I was with the continentals and you've got to be going way to fast on a tight corner to feel any sort of unsettling of the car. The dry performance is very good. Don't know about the wet yet. You can see why this tyre is used on the Ferrari 458 Italia and the Lexus LFA to name 2 supercars that use this tyre.

Before it felt like the suspension and chassis were being let down by the tyres. Now everything feels a lot more evenly placed. The handling will only improve on the car with some future suspension modifications.

I like mine S04 very much, excellent grip and handling! Don't worry about wet, it is great as well.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:01 PM

2013 C 350 Coupe

Where did you purchase your diffuser?
Old 05-19-2013, 08:09 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI

Exhaust looks excellent Blickling and those new tyres will definitely improve your cars performance

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My Palladium Silver C350 Coupe