2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe
2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe Experience

Hi everyone - I've been lurking on the forums for a while, but after I took delivery of my 2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe yesterday, I figured I'd introduce myself

The car itself has:

Polar White Exterior
Black MB-Tex Interior w/Dynamica Inserts (Black with Red Stitching/Seat Belts)
Aluminum Trim
AMG Package
Lighting Package
Keyless-Go
Multimedia Package
Lane-Tracking Package
4MATIC All-Wheel Drive

Just got it yesterday at Ray Catena Mercedes-Benz in Edison, NJ. The salesperson, David W., was phenomenal - he had been working with me even several months before I decided to order the car. He was very patient and helpful throughout the entire process, and helped me place my order in December of last year. Even though I have a short credit history and we faced many obstacles in getting me approved, he worked tirelessly with MB Finance and with several managers to allow me to get the car I've been wanting for the right price and payment plan. What's more, he automatically reduced the price to a very satisfactory amount (almost down to invoice), without me even mentioning any sort of price cut. As this was a special-order from the factory, I already knew I wouldn't have too much leverage when negotiating price; however, he took the negotiation out of the equation and cut the price without any prompting on my part.

When I was taking delivery, he already had all the paperwork processed and ready - he was extremely efficient and professional, and significantly enhanced my buying experience. Further, he even had the General Manager and the owner of the entire chain of dealerships come over to speak to me and to congratulate me personally. The General Manager even went as far as to give me a free keychain + all-weather floor mats from the Parts Department (I even get free car washes for life at the Service Department)! When I tried to thank him for the favors in helping me get approved and also for the free gifts, he refused my thanks and instead turned around and sincerely thanked me for my business.

My salesperson and also another gentleman (not sure which department he was in) were extremely thorough in walking me through the many features on my new car, and before I drove off, the salesperson even went as far as to give the interior of the car a final wipe-down, as he wanted to ensure it was perfectly clean for me.

The people at Ray Catena in Edison truly went above and beyond for me even though: 1) I took several months to even decide I wanted the car, 2) I'm only 23, and 3) While the C350 is a truly wonderful car, it is definitely not the most expensive car they sell. One of the other salespeople walking around in the building asked me, possibly jokingly, if I was a famous celebrity. While I am quite obviously not, every single person at Ray Catena made me feel like I was.

I apologize for the long essay on the dealership experience, but they truly went out of their way to ensure I had the greatest experience possible, and I will definitely be recommending them to everyone I know. As far as the car goes, the interior is superb - very technologically advanced and very luxurious and premium as well. I wish the seatbelts were a little farther forward so I could reach them more easily, but that's honestly my only issue with the car. The transmission is responsive, and I'm not experiencing any lag or slowness with the pedal response (I drove a Nissan 350Z prior to this car, and if anything, this car seems to be more responsive). All the features work very well and are very intuitive to operate, while the exterior is simply magnificent. As a reviewer of this car said on YouTube, this car isn't measured in miles per hour - it's more about the smiles per hour, and from the moment I see my car to the moment I can't see my car anymore (and even after actually), I am constantly smiling.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe Experience-imag0209.jpg   2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe Experience-imag0210.jpg   2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe Experience-imag0214.jpg   2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe Experience-imag0215.jpg   2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe Experience-imag0218.jpg  

2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe Experience-imag0219.jpg  

Last edited by xShin; 03-01-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:53 PM

2012 C350 4MATIC
You're constantly smiling over that car? Well you should be, it's great. I'm glad you had a good experience! Congrats!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:13 PM

C350 Coupe
xshin

How long did it take to get the car once your order was placed? I placed a very similar order this week so I am curious.

Thanks
Old 03-01-2013, 08:25 PM

2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe
ZachB: I most definitely am, I love it Thanks for your kind words, and I hope you're enjoying your car as well!

riverside: I placed the order in mid-December, and I picked up the car 2/28/2013, so it took roughly 2 months. It's all really based on allocation though - my salesperson gave me a quick explanation of how it works. Basically, the factories have a preset schedule of when they're going to make cars. The dealers are able to go in and customize cars that have not yet been built. At the time, my salesperson went in the system and saw that there was a car scheduled to be built at the end of January, but it was only a skeleton with no options. He then went in and customized that skeleton scheduled to be built at the end of January and that's how my car was built So depending on when the car is scheduled to be built, you'll get it around 1 month after that. Hopefully you ordered at a good time - did the dealer tell you anything?
Old 03-02-2013, 09:54 AM

2015 ML350 Black/Black
I like rims, otherwise I don't like stitching, AWD on coupe and for sure Ray Catena ...
Old 03-02-2013, 11:32 AM

C350 Coupe
xshin

The dealer told me 2 to 3 months
Old 03-03-2013, 03:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 Coupe
Great looking car!

You should be very happy!

Out of interest did you drive a RWD C Coupe?

We don't get the AWD coupe in my country or anything 4 matic apart from the ML & GL really. Is the 4 matic better to drive?
Old 03-03-2013, 07:43 AM

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
2017 E400 Coupe & 2018 GLC43
~ welcomew & congrats!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:37 AM

2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe
Breitling65: Thanks - the rims look even better in person than I had expected! I was initially thinking about getting them powder-coated to be all black, but after seeing them, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to keep them the way they are

riverside: That sounds about right. That's roughly how long it took for mine, and although the wait was killing me, it was totally worth the wait!

Blickling: Thanks! Coincidentally, I was just looking at your thread, and your car is gorgeous as well Your first post about driving experience essentially sums it all up; I haven't driven a RWD C Coupe before, although I have driven other RWD Coupes, as well as a RWD C Sedan. My 4MATIC C Coupe is absolutely wonderful to drive (although I can't make a direct comparison to a RWD C Coupe); given that 4MATIC only adds on ~100 lbs to the C Coupe, while having same MPG, it was a no-brainer for me to add on the 4MATIC package. The added traction helps when pulling out from a stop, and I live in NJ so we do get some snow from time to time. So I wouldn't say the 4MATIC is necessarily better to drive, but for my circumstances, I do prefer the 4MATIC On an unrelated note, your latest post about your tune does definitely pique my interest, and that's something I'll possibly be looking into now

andrew c coupe: Thanks!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:30 AM

C350
How much are you paying? How much did you give due at signing? If you dont mind me asking...p.s I love the car!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 AM

2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe
moegunz: I don't mind at all The details are below:

MSRP: $53,985
Monthly payment: $502
Term: 36 months
Annual mileage: 7500 miles
Due at signing: $8400

Yes, I understand the amount due at signing was extremely high. However, like I said, with my credit, I'm just pleased I was able to get the car. I'm currently only 23 years old, with a credit score of 660 and very little credit history (aside from a few credit cards, the only thing I've ever financed was my previous car, a used 350Z, and that was only for $12,000 - significantly less than I was asking for this time). There was a lot of back and forth with MB Financial in order to even get me approved, as they were uncomfortable even approving me for the lease. In the end, the General Manager was able to negotiate the terms with MB Financial to raise my monthly payment to $502 in return for a lower initial payment (MB Financial was initially asking for even more initially in order to lower the amount "borrowed" to a more acceptable amount).

And thanks for the compliment, I love the car too
Old 03-06-2013, 01:57 AM

C350
jesus man....if you had good credit, you would have paid $1800 due at signing. goodluck next time and beautiful car man...enojy!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:42 AM

C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by xShin
Blickling: Thanks! Coincidentally, I was just looking at your thread, and your car is gorgeous as well Your first post about driving experience essentially sums it all up; I haven't driven a RWD C Coupe before, although I have driven other RWD Coupes, as well as a RWD C Sedan. My 4MATIC C Coupe is absolutely wonderful to drive (although I can't make a direct comparison to a RWD C Coupe); given that 4MATIC only adds on ~100 lbs to the C Coupe, while having same MPG, it was a no-brainer for me to add on the 4MATIC package. The added traction helps when pulling out from a stop, and I live in NJ so we do get some snow from time to time. So I wouldn't say the 4MATIC is necessarily better to drive, but for my circumstances, I do prefer the 4MATIC On an unrelated note, your latest post about your tune does definitely pique my interest, and that's something I'll possibly be looking into now
Thanks Xshin - glad you're enjoying reading my updates on my car. Just really curious about the 4matic - particularly after reading that the new E63 AMG 4 matic - not the RWD - is the fastest sedan in the world. Always wondered what my car would be like with 4 matic. Bet it helps in the wet!

If you have any questions about anything please let me know. The tune is unreal. It pulls away from other manufacturers running turbos and V8s now.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:27 PM

2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe
moegunz: Yeah or possibly even lower.. but at least my monthly payments are low now Thanks for the kind words!

Blickling: I definitely enjoy reading your updates - the details and pictures you post are very helpful for anyone looking to do anything to their car! It hasn't rained here yet (although it's actually supposed to today), so I can't really comment on the 4MATIC's helpfulness in the rain. It definitely helps off the line after a red light though I've always wanted an AWD - if it's good enough for Lamborghini's, clearly it has something good about it!

As far as the tune, did you take it to a local shop and have it tuned? And/or was it a flashable tune? I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I've never modded a car before, and based on your experience with the tune, it seems like something I may want to do
Old 03-09-2013, 03:41 AM

C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by xShin
moegunz: Yeah or possibly even lower.. but at least my monthly payments are low now Thanks for the kind words!

Blickling: I definitely enjoy reading your updates - the details and pictures you post are very helpful for anyone looking to do anything to their car! It hasn't rained here yet (although it's actually supposed to today), so I can't really comment on the 4MATIC's helpfulness in the rain. It definitely helps off the line after a red light though I've always wanted an AWD - if it's good enough for Lamborghini's, clearly it has something good about it!

As far as the tune, did you take it to a local shop and have it tuned? And/or was it a flashable tune? I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I've never modded a car before, and based on your experience with the tune, it seems like something I may want to do
I can't tell you much unfortunately. The place I use is highly reputable. Its cars appear in national magazines here in OZ, their cars compete at competitions, you see them at car shows, people at my work use them. They are highly professional. I'm extremely happy with the work they've done for me.

I did ask a little bit about the tune. I don't know much about how its done and the specifics. The company who makes the actual tune is a German company. No doubt they have plenty of local access to Mercedes-Benz cars, engines equipment etc. All the good stuff seems to come from Europe. When I next see my tuner I might ask for a detailed explanation. I've been having too much fun enjoying the tune to have asked as many questions as have popped into my head over time.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:51 PM

c350
does the car has any problem yet?
Old 05-19-2013, 10:37 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Hello, welcome and congrats

Car looks awesome even if I am biased towards white for the C Coupe
Old 05-20-2013, 08:59 AM

2012 C350 Black with Red Leather, 1973 911
I guess the price of the car has gone up a few k. Mine is a black 2012 C350 with everything you listed except the 4matic but I do have the $2300 option special order red leather interior. My car listed at $51500 and I got it for $47500 out the door in Charlotte NC.

On another note about Ray Catena - In 2007 I purchased my Porsche from the edison dealership and yes they are the best dealer ship in the country. Just wait until you check out the customer service waiting area not far from the dealership. This is what you get:

1) free cooked to order breakfast with many items.
2) refrigerators filled with any drink you could you want.
3) fresh cooked pastry's /brownies
4) Lunch items.
5) pool tables
6) shoe shine guys
7) internet cafe they have the computers no-charge
8) the list goes on.
9) because you bought a car you could just stop by for something on your way to work.

My Rick Hendrick porsche dealership in Charlotte only has 4 seats in the waiting area and offer only noname bottle water and a Pepsi. MY MB dealership is a bit better offering some free snacks.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:11 AM

2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe
omarsancho08: None so far - the only problem is that I often find myself looking for excuses to go out just to be able to drive it

AV1: Thanks for the kind words! There's nothing wrong with being biased towards white for the Coupe

gwi42: Interesting, I guess it has gone up a bit. I'm sure the red leather looks gorgeous on the inside - I was considering it at one point, but I like having the Dynamica inserts on the seats; the red contrast stitching and red seat belts work well enough for me

I fully agree with you about Ray Catena - if anything, their service seems to keep getting better! I've already been to the service area a few times for the free car washes, and it's exactly as you said. Depending on the time of day, they even have freshly catered sandwiches and salads
Old 08-13-2013, 06:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
resurrecting this thread, how did you settle on diamond white vs. polar white?
would anyone have comparison pictures under different light conditions?
thanks!
Old 08-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Banned

C350 Coupe, 4Matic
I don't think a variety of pics wold do it. Often at a dealership you can view a polar vs diamond white and make your own judgement.

I myself chose diamond white, to me the difference was more than palatable in person.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:09 AM

2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe
Originally Posted by hotdawg
resurrecting this thread, how did you settle on diamond white vs. polar white?
would anyone have comparison pictures under different light conditions?
thanks!
I don't really have comparison pictures, sorry :/ However, I chose Polar White as opposed to Diamond White because (to me at least), Diamond White is a sort of an off-white. My salesperson had a car that was Diamond White and he let me see it before I made my decision. Since it is a metallic and sparkly color, when it is under sunlight the sparkles make it seem yellow. I wanted the color of my car to be pure white to contrast with the panoramic roof, and so I opted for the pure (Polar) white. Ideally you'd want to be able to see the colors in person before making a decision, but hopefully I was able to help!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
i saw both of them together, albeit on E class.
I like both colors but i found that polar white looked better indoor, while diamond white i really liked how it looked outside when the sun hits it.
Polar white outdoor just looked way too white for me, where as diamond looks matte sometimes, but it does have that creamy yellowish tone. I'm thinking diamond white would be more unique, but im torn between the two.
I like the look of polar white at night on your pictures, but never seen diamond at night, probably hard to tell apart?
Thanks.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:27 PM

2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe
Originally Posted by hotdawg
i saw both of them together, albeit on E class.
I like both colors but i found that polar white looked better indoor, while diamond white i really liked how it looked outside when the sun hits it.
Polar white outdoor just looked way too white for me, where as diamond looks matte sometimes, but it does have that creamy yellowish tone. I'm thinking diamond white would be more unique, but im torn between the two.
I like the look of polar white at night on your pictures, but never seen diamond at night, probably hard to tell apart?
Thanks.
Ah, alright. I've seen diamond white cars at night and I have been able to tell the difference, but that may have just been because I was looking for it. If polar white was too white, that may not work for you - I wanted the super-whiteness to contrast with the black pano-roof
Old 01-15-2015, 10:28 AM

2012 C350
What rims size is this vehicle.. like the rims

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHAT SIZE ARE THE RIMS...
I wanna buy 19 but I dont know whats the maximum size that i can put

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe Experience