Car hit while parked :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2013 | 12:04 PM

X3 M40i
Car hit while parked :(

Went to my Gf house over the weekend and parked my car in the street she lives in DC on a main strip. We were eating dinner when we heard that gawd awful sound of metal crunching. Ran to the front door and sure enough, Dump Truck and a toyota camry tried to play chicken by my car. Dump truck was trying to cut over at the same time a toyota camry was trying to cutover. Dump truck hit the camry (camry was in blindspot) and the camry basically smashed up against the side of my car pushing my car up against the curb. My car didn't receive too much damage, the camry basically scrapped up the whole driver's side of my car. Both my front tires are blown out and rim damage to three wheels... rear passenger + front passenger and front driver.

Going for diminished value to recoup my vehicle value I might finally put on the lighting package headlights Pics below

Old 03-19-2013 | 03:59 PM

Daytime: Slow and easy with 2006 SL500 & 2003 S430 . Night time: Hard and Fast with my wife
Darn.. true meaning of the term 'innocent by-stander' ! sorry man ...
Old 03-19-2013 | 09:50 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Damn I know how you feel that is just a case of wrong place at the wrong time and hard bad luck thrown in

I had almost the same happen to me years ago in that case it was very wet conditions 2 other cars lost control my car the innocent parked by stander was almost written off the only positive was that it was an old car, would've been alot more severe if it were a fairly new MB

Hope it all gets fixed good and proper for you