1/4 Mile Times for your C Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 04:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 Coupe
1/4 Mile Times for your C Coupe

Hi All,

Obviously this is a more common thing amongst the C63 forums and AMG ers but has anyone on the forum run their car down the strip - modded or not? It'd be interesting to get an idea of what people are actually running.

I've looked on the net and there's so much variance it'd be nice to get a reasonable idea of what realistic times are - whether you're a 250 or 350 etc.

I bring this up because I intend to do it myself in the not too distant future. Should be fun and informative for everyone.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:51 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Can certainly understand the C63 crowd or any AMG owner being enthusiastic about acceleration times

Sounds like a good idea for info and comparison purposes for the other C Coupe variants if not relying on printed MB material.

I think you'll find alot of descrepancies though, especially with the U.S crowd doing 0-60mph and 1/4 mile whereas the rest of the World do 0-100km/h and 400m respectively.

From what I've seen (and tested myself) there's always a difference of up to 0.3sec comparing same cars doing 0-60mph and 0-100km/h (or 0-62mph), which is why I never take note of 0-60mph times only the 0-100km/h.

There's also descrepancies occuring due to how the times are measured, ie. from track/s and so many different types of incar devices etc.

I've always used a Vericom VC200 performance meter on my cars for ages now and compared those times to track runs at a local race track here at home.

So maybe if people do put up info, also state measuring equipment or race track used etc.