Streaming Audio from Android; Pandora, podcast, etc...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C250 Coupe
Smile Streaming Audio from Android; Pandora, podcast, etc...

Hello all,

I have an android phone and it seems I can only stream audio from the native music player app. If I try to use the Pandora app, podcast or any other type of audio app installed from the market, it starts for a few seconds and then stops. I have tried a few android phones and this seems to be the case with all.

Anyone else have this experience? I'm going to try an iPhone and see what happens but basically just want to know before making a dealer trip, anyone's help/opinion is appreciated.

I've looked all over Google and this site and can't seem to find any related topics.

Thx.

Last edited by jagundo; 06-02-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:46 AM

2018 GLC300W
Which car (make, model & year) and Android phone (manufacturer, model & OS version number) do you have? Also, which sound option(s) do you have in your car?
Old 06-09-2013, 10:03 PM

2013 C250 Coupe
Ok so I figured it out. Seems that it is phone dependant. It works well on iPhone but somehow it's different experience on android depending on make of device. Even with same OS version, in this case Jellybean, I am able to stream audio apps but the one thing I found in common is I can't use steering nor radio volume, I can only adjust by using phone/device volume... Interesting.

Well at least it works.