2012 C250 Manual adjust suspension level

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 Coupe
2012 C250 Manual adjust suspension level

Hello guys,

I just bought a 2012 c250 and realized that my car comes with Dynamic Handling Packages and according to MotorTrend.com, I am able to manually adjust my ride height.

My question is:

Is it true ? If it is true, how do I adjust the ride height ?

Thanks

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2012/...kages_options/
Old 08-05-2013, 08:43 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
You mean this quote: "Manual front and rear suspension levelling"

Wow if that were true, there'd be a lot of people out there interested in a ride height tweaking LOL

I have the dynamic suspension package on mine but was not aware of any such thing and have never heard anything about being able to adjust the ride height of it.

I've been under the car and even up on a hoist have had a close look at the suspension but certainly didn't notice any sign of an adjustable height feature built into it

Would be good to get some confirmation on the topic.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:51 PM

99' Lexus RX300-retired, 01' BMW 330i
Never heard of it. You can adjust the height if you have coilovers(expensive) or air suspension(very expensive). The Dynamic Handling Packages does not come with coilovers.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:20 AM

C250 Coupe
I see... Yeah I was looking at what packages do I have and I was really surprised to hear about the self suspension level.

By the way, by having that packages, does it mean Mercedes changed the coilover to amg or the spring to amg? or maybe we have an air suspension like E class ? I don't really understand what is our current stock suspension system.

Thanks
Old 08-06-2013, 04:55 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by Stevenhikari
I see... Yeah I was looking at what packages do I have and I was really surprised to hear about the self suspension level.

By the way, by having that packages, does it mean Mercedes changed the coilover to amg or the spring to amg? or maybe we have an air suspension like E class ? I don't really understand what is our current stock suspension system.

Thanks
No and no LOL jk.

No coilovers, no air suspension.

Both the standard and AMG suspension options are of the basic or conventional spring and damper set up, AFAIK the differences between the 2 are the AMG option has slightly reduced height springs with magnetic variable dampers, whereas the standard set up has non adjusting or fixed rate dampers and taller springs.

As for exact type or specs, on mine with the AMG package and built in Germany no idea about the brand and exact spec of the springs but the dampers are of the Monroe brand but no idea on the exact specs of those either, but if anyone wanted to know I'm sure some research could find all the answers

Edit: forgot to mention that the AMG "sport plus" package has the same lowered springs as the AMG package but with fixed rate dampers, however unlike the standard dampers the sport plus package dampers have a much stiffer bound and rebound rate for better handling but ride comfort is a little harsher.

Last edited by AV1; 08-06-2013 at 05:01 AM.