03 C230 Kompressor wont start when its cold outside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230 Kompressor
03 C230 Kompressor wont start when its cold outside

First off, i search this site & love it for ANYTHING i need for my car & DIY threads are so awesome & members great posts. I recently was getting the P0128 Engine Coolant/Temp Sensor. I kept clearing the code just brushing it off. Car was running normal came home from work & parked it went out 2hrs later to go to dinner & car is cranking but no start like it wasnt getting fuel to the engine. This site has made me a VERY HANDYwoman so i checked all fuses,all ok. Added gas to car just in case. I could hear the fuel pump come on,so i got starter fluid & sprayed & car turned over & started for a few seconds like the coughing start. So i knew there was spark. So i figured lets try the part the CEl code said to start off but was thinking how is this gonna shut my whole engine off but ok. So i ordered the part form Autozone $18.99 Part number SU6054 & you guys had a DIY picture by picture of it. I changed it out in 10 min. was so proud of myself & loving this site!! So i go put keys in and she cranks & starts right up i drove around a few to make sure all was normal. WELL i wake up next morning & this morn (temp outside 55') again & car is just as it was before i replaced so im back to the crank no start.(rrrr,rrr,rrrr sound) So i use my spare car go to work,come home & temp outside is 70+ and i go over to car & put key in & CAR STARTS RIGHT UP..Im like wth?? SO now on day 2. i come out for work again & weather is a lil chilly still & same thing. So my question what could it be now??????? & why will it start when the weather is warmer & not when chilly??? Any help PLEASE!!!
Old 08-16-2013, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
2013 C350 Coupe, 2005 C230K Kleemann Sedan, 2013 GLK350 4matic
Originally Posted by ccrazeegyrl
First off, i search this site & love it for ANYTHING i need for my car & DIY threads are so awesome & members great posts. I recently was getting the P0128 Engine Coolant/Temp Sensor. I kept clearing the code just brushing it off. Car was running normal came home from work & parked it went out 2hrs later to go to dinner & car is cranking but no start like it wasnt getting fuel to the engine. This site has made me a VERY HANDYwoman so i checked all fuses,all ok. Added gas to car just in case. I could hear the fuel pump come on,so i got starter fluid & sprayed & car turned over & started for a few seconds like the coughing start. So i knew there was spark. So i figured lets try the part the CEl code said to start off but was thinking how is this gonna shut my whole engine off but ok. So i ordered the part form Autozone $18.99 Part number SU6054 & you guys had a DIY picture by picture of it. I changed it out in 10 min. was so proud of myself & loving this site!! So i go put keys in and she cranks & starts right up i drove around a few to make sure all was normal. WELL i wake up next morning & this morn (temp outside 55') again & car is just as it was before i replaced so im back to the crank no start.(rrrr,rrr,rrrr sound) So i use my spare car go to work,come home & temp outside is 70+ and i go over to car & put key in & CAR STARTS RIGHT UP..Im like wth?? SO now on day 2. i come out for work again & weather is a lil chilly still & same thing. So my question what could it be now??????? & why will it start when the weather is warmer & not when chilly??? Any help PLEASE!!!
If you post this in the W203 forum, you should get some good feedback. This forum (W204 Coupe) is for 2012+ C-Class Coupes