Software Updates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Software Updates

Some time back I took my 2012 C350 Coupe in for warranty service. Let me mention that I bought the car used and the previous owner had not opted for NAV.

The reason I brought in the car was the radio alternated on-its-own between completely dead and piercingly loud with no in-between or ability to control the volume - and only when it was really hot outside (100F).

The dealer installed a software update that fixed the issue, and also told me that there was a software update that was installed for the fuel pump.

Got me to thinking: OTHER THAN going to the dealer for overpriced repair (the car is now out of warranty), how can we find out and perhaps install applicable software updates?

AND, what was the "MUSIC" button to the left of the COMAND system (the button with the two quarter-notes on them), if that's pressed - the screen now says No Nav. QUESTION HERE: Is there a software load that will activate the NAV capability? Is there a GPS receiver already there that presently isn't used, but could be?

Your ideas welcomed.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC300W
Software load == possibly. More than likely, even.

I just picked up a 2015 C300W4 yesterday that has no man but is ready for it and only needs the SD Card installation to have it ($600 later).