2014 C350 Sport 4matic - Stage 1 -(Tuning review included)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 02:30 AM
SPONSOR

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Alan Beazy
How does oe tunes work if I were to buy it ? Website isnt very clear and I just recently got my c350 2014 coupe
PM sent
Old 11-02-2018, 07:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C350 Sport Coupe
Originally Posted by Alan Beazy
How does oe tunes work if I were to buy it ? Website isnt very clear and I just recently got my c350 2014 coupe
I'm sure the guys at OE can step you right through it. I no longer have that vehicle, but the new owner was very happy to learn I had the tuning done.

Think it took me 10 min to pop the ECU out. Boxed it up securely, sent it off to OE. Had it back in a couple days, popped right back in. And just as I was about to drive it OE called me and stepped me through the break in period of having the car adjust to the new tuning. Think I did 20 miles driving it the way I was instructed to. Definitely improved performance across the board, but I also did the wheels and tire upgrades at the same time (even though there were only 1K on the factory equipment at the time) so the difference was felt immediately off the line, and very good mid range (60 - 100mph) I think is where the tuning came into play.

I was very satisfied with OE and would recommend to anyone. Great customer relations
The following users liked this post:
SALES@OETUNING (05-21-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 04:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bmw
Originally Posted by MrChameleon
Hi all

Just sharing some of the luv I've added to the Coupe this past week.

Started off with the Wheels and Tires. Nothing
Originally Posted by MrChameleon
Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin wrong with the AMG sport wheels and Pirelli's it came with, but I wanted more of a Summer performance tire on it.

I kept the wheel size at 18" and picked up the Roderick RW 2s in Machined black. These are only .5" wider then the original wheels both front and back. 8" & 9" respectively.

Then I added the Michelin Pilot Super sport tires, 225/40 in the front, and staggered 255/35 rears. The little bit of extra room on these wheels really lets the tires fill out nicely and it sits so nice I wouldn't even consider lowering it at this point.

Tossed in a K& N air filter, added the tail light bezels. Got the chrome trim from Luxury chrome trim and painted them with semi gloss with primer mixed in. Then several coats of satin polyurethane to match the texture and color of the diffuser. Came out nearly exact.

Although I didn't use the tape that comes on the trim, I used a much stronger 3M VHB tape that I have at work. Cost about $75 a roll, but it's well worth it. (Comes off without leaving any marks or residue too) It's also used to hold large glass windows in tall office buildings around the World. Gives you an idea of it's strength.

The best feature that was added was a tuning by OE Tuning out in Cali.
Jeremy had reached out back in Feb. and I told him when the Winter was over and I had the car out of the garage I would seriously consider his offer. After doing my research and talking with several Tuning companies both local and out of State I decided OE was my best choice.

BJ at their office stepped me through every aspect of doing the upgrade and I don't think it took me more then 10 minutes each time to remove and then reinstall the ECU.

I installed the ECU yesterday late afternoon. I wasn't sure what to expect from it, so I started it up and let it warm up for a few minutes. Sounded very similar for the first minute or so. Then it could of been my own imagination getting the better of me, but for some reason I felt like the exhaust was a little fuller. I'm a Sound/Acoustic engineer by trade and my ears are very good with pitch. (guitar player as well) so I definitely noticed "something" different in tonality.

These Sport models come with a tuned exhaust so I wanted to hear the difference after the upgrade before investing in an exhaust right away.
I'm grateful I did that, because I won't be switching the exhaust system on this car. It sounds exactly the way I want it. Nice and quiet when I'm cruising, and plenty of bark when I am manually/requesting gear changes.

As luck would have it, a few miles from home a call comes in and I notice the caller ID says it's coming in from OE Tuning and it was BJ calling me to make sure everything was going well and good.

I got a little laugh out of it considering the timing and he began to talk me through the best way to adapt the Tune to the car. I took all his advice and within an hour I could hear, feel and experience a big improvement in performance.

All BS aside, I feel very fortunate that OE did the tune for me. I realize there are many options out there and that includes a local shop not far me with a very good rep. Sometimes you just need to go with your gut. Besides when I visit my Mom out in Cali I always notice how cool the cars sound and run out there and it just simply felt right. (I live in New England)

The one thing I am really impressed with is the response of the throttle. When I tap it, it goes and it goes smooth and pulls for more.
The combination of the new treads, lighter outside diameter wheels, with the ECU has the car running exactly the way I envisioned it at this stage.

Later this month I'll hit the New England dragway to clock it. I can't say for sure exactly but I have zero doubt the car is running in the 13s with ease.

Anyways, just thought I would share the experience here and give a big thanks and shout out to OE for all the service, advice and all around support given this past week. You guys rock it!

I'm just happy to hear first hand experiences. not looking to get C63 power or prowess. cost realities are different this year to last year.

Last edited by zkaleem zaeq; 05-21-2020 at 04:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SALES@OETUNING (05-21-2020)