First Merc Arrived on Saturday - Love it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C350
First Merc Arrived on Saturday - Love it

Hi, I have had Audi's BMW's VW's Fords and even a Fiat Punto (as my first car - shame on me , right). I have to say I am dead impressed with my 2012 C350 AMG Sport. Its so much more refined than I expected it to be. The steering is excellent - I dont know why the electronic steering got such bad stick?! the ride is very good and comfortable. Generally.... Love it love it love it.

I do have a question: I noticed in the instruction manual that the Automatic AMG Engine cars do not change gear when put into manual - even if you hit the limiter, it only waits for paddle +/-; is there any way the 7g Auto box in my C350 can be updated to have this function? My BMW did the same no red-line auto gear change thing and I was really saddened that even though my spec is AMG I dont get the fun proper manual flappy paddles (after all - this sort of functionality cant be tested on a test drive.... right?! ;-) )
Old 03-15-2017, 02:48 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
C204
Mercedes is not so much about that kind of "fun". It is about luxury, safety and calmness. You won't be able to turn off ESP completely too (in case you are wondering).