Potential new owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Land Rover Discovery
Potential new owner

Hello All,

My Mrs has fallen in love with the C Class Coupe. So i have spent the last few days looking at cars and trying to discover what potential pitfalls we may face.

We are based in Melbourne Australia, and she has found a 2012 c180 Avantgarde, Black paint with the black/grey trim. We have been for a test drive and she loves it, so i have spent many hours researching..

What i have read on various forums about the M271 and cam chain issues are a major concern, so it's over to you guys to let me know if these are isolated issues or widespread. Most of the coupe's we have earmarked to look at are low kilometer (less than 60,000).. with service histories..

Trying to determine exactly what engines and gearboxes are in the cars is also very confusing, most of the car sales type sites all list the engines as 1.8 and 7 speed autos, from reading and trying to remember Mercedes code system (how confusing for a first time buyer) it seems a couple of 4 cyl petrol engines were used and also a 5 speed auto.

So please tell me about your experience with this stunning car, has it been reasonably trouble free? How many k's can be expected from the 4cyl with regular servicing?? and go easy on me, this is my first time dipping my toe into the Mercedes world...

Thanks
Old 08-06-2017, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C350 Coupe, 2006 ML500
Don't know too much about the C180 but I recently purchased a 2014 C350 and the car is amazing, the thing about the 2012s is that the COMAND system is a bit glitchy. (My cousin owns a 2012 C250 and it's a lot slower than mine) The interior of the car durable. I'm loving my car so far. About the whole cam chain issue, I wouldn't know much although I heard of that problem from my friend in Europe who has the C180. But getting a w204 merc is a great choice.