Thoughts?! Thinking of dumping '12 c350 for '17 230i Msport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C350 Coupe 4matic
Thoughts?! Thinking of dumping '12 c350 for '17 230i Msport

I'm racking up the miles on my 2012 c350 to 70k and I called the dealer for the service quote, $650. I take my car to the dealer simply for the convenience of getting the rental. I know I can go cheaper at an Indy shop but I don't have the luxury of having another car. I still have about 3 yrs left on my payment and a local BMW dealer has their fall clearance event happening this coming weekend. They have two 2017 230i xdrive with M sport and pretty much all other packages. Msrp is around 46-47k with deals being quoted "up to 12k off MSRP plus additional incentives.

Im just getting tired of the constant maintenance on this car and nothing is even broken. I bought it as a CPO car and been back to the dealer 3x for major fixes in 2 years of owning the car (luckily they were covered under warranty). The BMW will carry 3 year regular scheduled maintenance and end up being slightly higher than what I pay a month now with 72 months at 0%.

I know the HP will be different (v6 vs turbo 4) but I'm wondering if financially it's just smarter to have a newer car that will cost me less annually?

Anyone have experiences or advice?